Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Grandmont-Rosedale : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Thu Feb 11, 2016
W.treffers answered:

It depends if you are a US citizen or a foreigner. If you are foreigner and it's your first investment it takes a while to get property on your name. Some of the things that need to be done is setting up a company, get a registered agent and get a bank account.

When these things are in place you are good to go.

I strongly advise to buy your property with a warranty deed. Some times the seller hasn't got all the paper work ready after buying a property from the tax auction to get the warranty deed. Then it can take a few months to get everything processed.

If the paper work is ready it could be done in 2 weeks.

Are you looking for investment properties in Bagley or Grandmont-Rosedale send me an email we have properties available that are generating an income.

Good luck and hope to get in touch.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 20, 2014
Aaron B. Lewis answered:
Very nice area. I buy sell and invest mainly in that area. Can advise and assist if still looking. 313-405-7337
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 16, 2014
Aaron B. Lewis answered:
shot me an email I may know the owner
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Terrie Freeman answered:
It really depends on so many different factors, like location, price, type of rental and management ability to turn it.
I would said on an average in your area currently 1 or 2 months. (only my opinion )

Thanks for asking.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Terrie Freeman answered:
The Downtown Detroit loft areas.

Thank you for asking.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Terrie Freeman answered:
You can contact your local police department to get all the information in reference to crime statistics in any area of your interest.

Thank you for asking.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Property answered:
I think it can work, but doing it yourself is cheaper. but more work and you need a real solid management agents. which is where I am find it difficult to find a a good agent. Rent levels published are not what we are achieving. $900 per month has not been possible, more like averaging $700.
there doesnt seem to be any timely payments, to many voids and evictions.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Brian Williams answered:
Hello, I am glad to here you are buying here in Detroit, welcome! There are particular areas where you can really find something great. First I can start with some good zip codes. 48219,48221, 48223, 48228, 48235, 48239. Those zip codes are on the westside of the city. What you have to do is have somene to find you a specific home at that price in those area. That is exactly what we do here. We do the leg-work for in-state an out-of-state investors. E-mail us at to discuss our free service. Our phone number is 313-449-9500. Fill free to call us anytime,day or night.

Thank You
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 4, 2010
Fred Glick answered:
Sat Jun 26, 2010
Chip Andis answered:
Research on a neighborhood and local communities can be conducted in number of ways.
Driving through the neighborhood at different times of the day and night, observing activity around the houses is an excellent method. The mood of a street can change from mid-afternoon to the evening.
Inquiring with the local police on their activities in the area is the best gage of crime.
Don’t forget to check with the EMT service also, and ask how often they are called for non-health related issues (fights, assaults, etc.)

Web sites that help in researching neighborhoods:

Community profiles:

School profiles

School comparisons:

One way to check for residents of the neighborhood that may have
questionable backgrounds is to do a street search for sex offenders on this site:

for real estate questions, contact:
Chip Andis
(248) 931-0084

34 S. Telegraph Rd
Waterford, MI 48328
Office (248) 886-0000
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2009
Paul Wilson answered:
I would be concerned about the safety of any equipment that would be left on site. Please get a hold of the GRDC that is th Grandmont Rosedale Develpoment corp. This is a collection of the five homeowner assc. in the area. They have had a grant program to help people in the area rehab their homes and I have been fortunate to be working with them as a sales consultant for Kearns Brothers, Inc. This is one of the best homeowner assc. out there and they look after their own. They patrol their neighborhoods and that is why you should contact them with your plans. If you need any help rounding up people in the area please feel free to call on me. Paul ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice