Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Goochland County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Tue Aug 30, 2016
Cvrwaste asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Lmccauley75 answered:
4144 broad st rd gum springs va
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 6, 2013
Wil Caton asked:
i did some work a while back and want to know if they are any for sale or rent. when i say tiny i mean tiny. less than 750sf in 3 floors.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Tad Wyche answered:
Rich, the value of your property depends on what you have to offer. If it's cutover it will not bring the same price as a piece with decent timber and maybe some type of water present. Different qualities will change the value. If you would like ti discuss this in more detail please let me know. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Susan.Haas answered:
A landowner that has consistently produced agricultural and/or horticultural products on a minimum of 5 acres for 5 years qualifies for a a lower tax rate on their property in Goochland County. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
List prices today are all over the board. Look at recent sales of comparable properties to determine current market value. You should be able to obtain some discount to market value for your all cash offer.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Rachel Parker answered:
The advice others have given to contact the county Planning & Zoning Dept. is good. There are many variables that determine the answer. Among them, the amount of road frontage, whether this is a parent parcel (existed as a parcel in 1979), how many homes would be served by a private road, and the availability of a perc site for each parcel. It also makes a difference if you want a "family partition" - that is for the use of family members for at least 5 years, or if the heirs want to sell their parcels. Unless your heirs want to live on the property, your best bet is probably to sell the 10 acre parcel & divide the money. It's much easier! Whatever you want to do, we'll be glad to help you.
Rachel Parker
Parker Properties, Inc.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 12, 2012
amyd_2003 answered:
I don't know why that other person said that! The builder was Hank Arthur, he did an excellent job. The house is still for sale, and it is reduced in price. Come take a look! We are in Goochland county, not Louisa.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 25, 2011
Brenda Feria answered:
There also is grant money available for those who qualify. Under this program, you can receive up to $7500 towards your down payment or closing costs. There are only a few banks who offer this program. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
Trulia shows it as an active listing for sale. See the link below
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Goochland County