Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Gold River : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 37
Wed Jan 10, 2018
Stephaniesoria answered:
I would need $200,000.00 what would be the monthly payment on that? If I decide so sell the house then I could try to get my money back and make a profit?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 3, 2017
Hello Deangelo, you would not need the rental history if you did not pay scheduled monthly rent but you will need to qualify or pay additional deposits. It will be up to each individual rental in what they will want.

You should study RENT vs BUY listing to compare payments. The rentals in 95670 start from $850 to $900 for 1bd 1ba apts. The purchase in 95670 zip code of Rancho Cardova start from 160k for 2bd 1ba condo.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve and you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Good luck.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 18, 2017
I would need more details.

I'm a mortgage professional.

Are you looking to get a mortgage under your daughters name ?

You can contact me if you would like to. I'm available almost 24/7. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 28, 2016
Hello Carla, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered to put a game plan together. It sounds like he needs to buy you out or atleast figure what options you have available to you both. It will be determined by the equity of the home, credit profiles, how much you want to put down, etc.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
To have agents call you wanting to list your home submit it through this link:

If you really want to sell your home and get the most for your home you'd at the very least hire a discount broker to put it in the mls so buyers and their agents can see it. When agents search for homes to meet their buyers needs they search the mls and not trulia/zillow. And the agents I know specifically tell their clients to not search trulia/zillow as they aren't connected to our mls and are either outdated or missing listings. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 20, 2015
Stormyleena answered:
REOs and FORECLOSUREs are not the same thing, however an REO is only produced as a result of an unsuccessful foreclosure, in which a buyer for the property cannot be found, and so the mortgage lender repossesses the property to sell separately.
... more
2 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
UpNest Top Realtors answered:
Hi Dinesh,

You would have to look up a flat fee listing service to get your home on Trulia.

For sale by owner (FSBO) can seem like a money saver at first. But there are a lot of dangers with doing so. There’s a huge liability issue, and roughly 30% of FSBO homes even get sold.

Usually your home would get a lower offer than what you list it for, defeating the purpose of saving money by doing FSBO. The best way to sell your home fast and at a desired price is to work with a top performing agent.

We created UpNest ( for sellers looking to work with a great agent and save money at the same time. With our online marketplace, home sellers can confidentially submit their homes, and multiple top local agents will compete to obtain your listing. Some agents lower their commission rates to stand out, and every agent that submits a proposal is an experienced agent, so it's not the same as working with a low grade discount brokerage.

Good luck selling!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 23, 2013
Jason Walter answered:
This house has gone pending. It's a short sale that has NOT been approved by the bank yet so it's not a finalized sale by any means. Therefore, there is still a chance for other buyers to purchase this home if the other offer falls through. If you are interested in purchasing this home I suggest having your Realtor contact the listing agent and possibly making a back up offer.

There are 57% more homes listed in Sacramento County now compared to last year so there's a lot more opportunity to buy elsewhere as well.


Jason Walter

REALTOR® - lic #01923240
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - lic #103885
Hammer Real Estate Group
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 18, 2013
Jason Walter answered:
I'm sorry to hear about this. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months. In order to see if it was reported to the credit agencies check your credit report here: (it's free without a credit score)

Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order your report from each of the companies one at a time (for a total of 3 reports per year).
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
As to the credit issue, much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; however you can consider being upfront regarding your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly pre-pay some of the rent; possibly offer extra security; have some reference letters handy; consider a guarantor, etc. Also consider working with an agent of your own.... ... more
2 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi Jerry, sorry for your predicament.

You have a complicated situation which I believe may be prudent to share with a Real Estate Lawyer.

However, you might also prefer taking on the HOA and the offending Tenant directly. If so, you might be interested in the following:

Best of Luck! –Steve
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
I agree with Mack - you are required to provide "quiet enjoyment" of your condo, which means more than noise control. The adjacent owner is certainly responsible for your problem and the HOA also carries some responsibility. Recommend you run your questions by your attorney if you plan to keep the tenant's deposit. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Patrick O'Hare answered:
You are right, your lender will want to know if you are purchasing the property for investment
or personal residence to know what type of loan product they will be able to offer you..... If you purchase a home in Rancho Cordova in February with the intent to move into it in August, your new lender might be willing to consider the home a "2nd residence". Whether it is considered a personal residence or rental you are no doubt going to need to show the financial ability to support your current mortgage plus any mortgage you take on in California..........But because we represent clients in the purchase & sale of real estate, not lending, I always suggest you talk directly to the decision maker------a well qualified lender. They can guide you through the process of deciding what is best for you, making sure you understand any impact your status would have on the borrowing process.
We would be happy to refer you to a local lender who could advise you on your options so you can make a well informed decision. Good luck to you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Charlotte Mason answered:
Hi Barbara,

Yes, there are some rentals that allow pets in Gold River.

It depends entirely on the owner's preference, but I have seen them!

Good luck with your search!

Charlotte ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Charlotte Mason answered:
Hi Ed,

Best place to find or list rentals for Gold River is on Craigslist.

Trulia lists homes for sale.

If you give me a call I can also set you up with a property management company that handles a lot of Gold River rentals.

Best of luck!

Charlotte 916.761.5575
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Ernest Mathews answered:
I think so especially if values keep going up. Call me I specialize in Rancho Cordova and condos it cost you nothing buy using me and I will pay for your home inspection. So you make money by using me and you have someone in you corner!
Ernest Mathews
DTC Real Estate & Investments
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Gold River Zip Codes