My advice is:
1. Have a Realtor evaluate your home and develop a range of suggestions, in order of importance, on things that you need to do to sell for top dollar.
2. In most cases, the key activities that you need to accomplish are: decluttering, cleaning, painting, re-personalizing, and staging. Most of these activities are ignored by most home sellers, and their homes take longer to sell, and sell for less than they might.
3. Professional photos are a must.
4. Your goal is simple - to be the best looking home in your price range and have the pictures to prove it. We have a listing owned by an artist, and she invested a lot of sweat equity to prepare her home for sale. She followed our directions to a "t". http://www.10609fernglen.com.
The buyers say "wow, it looks as cute as the pictures".
5. If you have a high end home hire a stager (see one of ours 10574kurt.com).
Only after analyzing all these aspects would I suggest looking at replacing flooring. If funds are limited, but them where they make the most impact.