If you are interested in buying a home and would like to work with a REALTOR, what services or information would you like from a Green certified agent

Asked by Jerry Cibulski, Southold, NY Wed Jan 6, 2010

Answers

5
Jerry Cibulski’s answer
Jerry Cibuls…, Agent, Southold, NY
Fri Jan 8, 2010
Our mission is to make the knowledge of green real estate practices available to everyone and to encourage our industry to produce greener homes and buildings. Buildings consume more energy than anything else in the United States. By providing the community with the information they need to reduce consumption and implement sustainable practices, we can make a significant impact on the world around us. We accomplish this mission by:

Providing green real estate professionals with the awareness and knowledge of green building principles applied in residences and commercial properties, developments and communities. This allows them to list, market, and manage properties with green features, as well as guide buyer-clients, in purchasing green real estate.
Encouraging green real estate professionals to be advocates in spreading the green philosophy and act as a positive force for creating sustainable and energy efficient communities.
Advancing the belief that every step toward green is a step in the right direction.
Supporting member efforts with numerous resources, green industry news, referrals, marketing tools and consumer/builder awareness campaigns.
Enabling green real estate professionals to incorporate green principles into their practice.
Providing on-going information, tools and support about green building features, thus enabling members to be leaders in the marketplace.
, ,
Thu Jan 7, 2010
Jerry, I know what you mean, but I want to point out the reaction you have here. In my mind, this is similar to what the reaction is when you point out the Feng Shui of a home, in that the majority of the people are not interested. I saw a listing recently of a house in Jericho that was a "green" house. I feel that there aren't enough people who feel that strongly about it that they wanted to spend the extra money on what it took to remodel this house as a green house. In reference to your question, I think at this point if someone is interested, just having that certification would be more than others would have.
David Chiles, Other Pro, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Based on my experience with potential buyers. Those looking for Green Properties want an agent who walks the walk, not just talks the talk. Green Certifications are good, but they do not generally cover what most people consider Green.
Web Reference:  http://www.southerncalre.com
Wayne Odenbr…, Agent, Mountain Lakes, NJ
Mon Jan 23, 2012
I like what Jerry related. To put it simply, we are trained to recognize a whole range of Green issues, both for Buyers and Sellers. If you are selling we can highlight the benefits your home offers or suggest cost effective improvements. If you are the Buyer, we make sure you are not buying an "Energy Money Pit". It is worth asking if your Realtor has their "Green Designation"
FSBOsuccess, Home Seller, 28590
Thu Jan 7, 2010
A "green" real estate agent?!?!?