Disable homeowner need help going green and replacing windows in shelby county

Asked by Mosessttrent, Shelby County, TN Sun Aug 9, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Tara Skinner’s answer
Tara Skinner, Agent, Jackson, TN
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Great info Suzanne. For assistance in Jackson, TN Southwest Human Resource Agency has a weatherization Assistance Program. This program assists low-income households in their efforts to reduce energy costs and upgrade livability standards by installing weatherization measures to their home. This is available to homeowners and renters. The program is open for enrollment all year, with applicants being awarded points which determine their place on our waiting list in each county. Applicants must have a household income below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This program is funded by the Department of Energy through the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
1 vote
Suzanne White, Agent, Memphis, TN
Sun Aug 9, 2009
Shelby County has a weatherization assistance program to help with weatherizing your home. The program is open to renters and homeowners and is designed to assist low income families. To get more information you can call Betty Neal at 901-381-9976 or Brenda Bowen at 901-362-9514. I have been warned that it might take you a while to get through but just keep trying. The project is funded in part by the TN Dept of Human Services and the funding is available to make homes more energy efficient to reduce the cost of utility bills.
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more