Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Gloucester County : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 343
Mon Jun 26, 2017
Mary answered:

Please follow the instructions below on how to find a Section 8 rental listings.

1. Click the Rent tab on our homepage
2. Enter your desired area in the search bar and hit Enter
3. Click More, enter the keyword 'Section 8', and click Search.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 7, 2017
Jxsmith31 asked:
Fri Apr 21, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
As a former realtor, I'm all in favor of selling by owner and you can sell your home without a realtor. In your current situation, you are correct that you need to protect yourself first. The best thing to do is tell your buyers that you will continue to show your home and if they get their home under contract, you will accept an offer from them. Explain that you do not want to take a deposit because anything can happen with the buyers home (deals fall thru, financing mishaps, inspection issues, etc.). Also you have no idea how long it will take your buyers to sell their home. It could be anywhere from 1 week to 6 months or longer. That's their problem - not yours. Your goal is to sell your home for the most money quickly. The longer your home stays on the market, the tougher it is to sell. You need to avoid this at all costs. If you followed your husband's advice and accepted a non refundable deposit, that means keeping your home on the market (unsold) for perhaps a year because you have no idea how long it will take to sell the buyers house. Explain this to your spouse.

In the meantime, drop the price a bit for your home and find a new buyer. Make sure this buyer has a pre approval from a lender or if they are selling their home - make sure it is under contract.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 30, 2017
Meganbrady98 asked:
Her company. I know EMDs usually go to title company or buyers agents why would we be writing an EMD to the sellers broker?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 28, 2017
John Burke answered:
Hi Muffin,

I would say you have a very good chance of qualifying for an FHA mortgage.
FHA only requires a 2 year wait after a chapter 7 bk & your bk has been discharged for at least 5 years. The only real potential hang up would be if you included a mortgage in your BK. If so the FHA guidelines require a 3 year wait from when the house was foreclosed on before you are eligible.

Take a look at the recommendations from some of my past clients on my Trulia profile by clicking the link below my phone number.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Lending in ALL 50 states
Great Plains National Bank
Apply Online:
NMLS# 787231
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 11, 2017
sawchynj asked:
Hi I'm asking for a friend is currently homeless if anyone has house for rent that accepts tra and utilities must be included she only gets 1200 month
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 3, 2017
Taraj427 asked:
Please contact me ASAP if you are willing to work with me. I am currently employed in Woodbury.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2017
11mattsweeney asked:
More than expected. They don't have the $, want me to lend them $ and agent to cut commission. I have a house to purchase and belongings on moving truck- what can I do?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I have emailed you regarding this.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2016
Joan Broglin asked:
Thu Oct 6, 2016
Miriam Raide answered:
Hi Tammy,

If you close on the house and tenants are still there, you will be responsible to give the deposit back when tenants move out (the day of closing the seller of the house, will have to give you the tenants deposit monies at the closing table so you will be able to give it back to tenants when they move out). Double check with your attorney, just in case.

Miriam Raide
Exit Realty Premier
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 15, 2016
Rashana Pierrelouis asked:
Trying to find a 3bedroom in Woodbury that is 1000 which is very hard. My roommate has 2 evictions I have none at all, so I have to find a private owner which is hard to fin. If someone…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 10, 2016
jose conte answered:
I just got on here to look for any new listings on house's for sale, I came across you question asking if Williamstown is a safe area? I am responding to this question because I lived in that county for 4 years, I believe it is very safe. I also look at it no matter where you are, could be the safest place in the whole world and all sudden their would be a crime or several crimes all in one day. We do not know what is going to happen tomorrow, we can only hope and wish for a safety and happiness for every next day we live for. Contacting the police would be your best option if you really feel uncomfortable about the crime rate in Williamstown area. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 5, 2016
truliaschmo asked:
Can you tell me how to fix the listing to list it properly? Those searching for a townhouse will not look in the apartment listing and this listing will be completely ineffective. - Thanks…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice