Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Gloucester : Real Estate Advice

  • All37
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 24
Tue Mar 29, 2016
4futsal asked:
on two different Internet connections. Systems are Windows 7 Pro running Chrome.

Search Area is 4 geographic neighborhoods in Norfolk Va Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 12, 2015
Cbridwell2117 asked:
I have a family of 4 including myself who is in dire need of a home. We have been living with my mother for over a year now due to my husband unable to work, due to an injury that put him…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 2, 2014
Erika Brown answered:
Hi Marie,

Did you make your move to Gloucester yet or are you still looking for a place?

I know of a few great rentals that might suite you, but I'm not sure what the rest of your question was. Please feel free to contact me anytime for further assistance!

Erika Brown
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Debbie Martin answered:
Many of the local real estate companies have rental agents. One of the best resources is the Gloucester Mathews Gazette Journal. It is a weekly local paper that comes out on the newstands on Wednesday evenings. The classified section has many rentals listed. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Anthony Alleva answered:
To my knowledge EMD is not a law and/or required, but it is customary and common. There is a spot for it on the purchase contract. Sellers like to see an EMD as it shows the buyers interest and readiness to buy.

This is simply my opinion and not to be taken as legal advise as I am not an attorney. I would suggest that you contact a Real Estate Attorney for all the legal details.

If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Have a Happy New Year!

Best Regards;
Anthony Alleva, CSSA
Certified Short Sale Agent
License #0225-205922
Allison James Estates & Homes
Cell: (757) 768-9412
Fax: (800) 215-0211
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Leanne Hester answered:
Normally land zoned AG still accepts a modular. Zoning is the one to ask once you find a piece of land you like. But look for lots zoned AG

However, with all the foreclosures , I know of some very low priced homes out there right now. So check with a lender and see how much they can pre-approve you for and maybe you can get a house for the price of a lot and modular home! If your worried about low credit then pop me an email and I can suggest a few lenders to start with.

Leanne Hester
Liz Moore and Associates
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 21, 2013
tshanti1178 answered:
im looking for rental homes.....preferrably in Gloucester where i can get to West Point/64 at ease....i work in Richmond. Also prefer to stay in the Botetourt school district.
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 7, 2013
Renee Edwards answered:
Shanay, Yes, I would have to get you in contract with them and then they can make the recommendations of what you need to get a mortgage. Just give me a call or email and I will be glad to assist you 804-694-9043 or ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Azmi Alkurd answered:
Please provide details of the land.
address, zoning, how close to the water, .. etc
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Anthony Alleva answered:
I can not see any link that you are referring to?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Kimberly Kidd answered:
There are several apartments listed right now. Deer run apartments listed in the Gazette journal and also a couple on craigslist.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Raquel OTT answered:
As John mentioned below, the listing agent or broker can update the status of their listing within the My Listings section of their trulia account to indicate that a property is sold or no longer on the market. Otherwise, a listing that Trulia receives from a feed will generally remain live on Trulia until the feed indicates that the property is sold or once the listing information is removed from the feed entirely.

A listing that is submitted to Trulia manually must be refreshed within My Listings every 30 days to ensure that the listing information stays up-to-date. the listing agent or broker can remove the home from Trulia. If that's not possible however, you can report the error to Trulia from the property page. While on that page, click on the 'More' tab you find under the listing photos. Then select 'Report an error'. Use the form to indicate that the property is sold and submit the message.

Alternatively, if the two methods above don't work, you can contact Trulia Customer Service team directly for assistance - either by phone at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST, or by email via the link below.
Raquel Ott
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Justsilvie answered:
Thank you Debbie for your kind offer.

We did find a great house and we closed last Friday and are looking forward to moving to Virginia.

I do notice this website still shows our new house for sale.

Thank again!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Debbie Martin answered:
Hi Paul,

The answer would depend on the zoning from Gloucester County. I would be happy to give you the number to Codes and Compliance and also Zoning for Gloucester. Sometimes if there is already a mobile on the location and it has been lived in with Dominion Power still being used, the county will let you switch an older unit for a newer one. Modulars are usually allowed unless there are deed restrictions in place against them.

I would be happy to help. Call me at 757-876-2314.

I look forward to helping you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Kim Kubisiak answered:
Unfortunately, I don't see what property you are referring to. However, any question on taxes should be directed to the County of Gloucester. That would be the place to find out everything you need to know.

Best of Luck,
Kim Kubisiak
Randall & Kubisiak Realty Group - Keller Williams Elite
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Michelle Mathis answered:
Shirley Ward has been very helpful to me so far. Perhaps if your home is still in need of representation you could call her at Century 21 in Whitemarsh. Hope this is helpful.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Erika Brown answered:
I live and work in Williamsburg, Va and would be happy to help you with any questions you may have. Williamsburg is a large area with several sub communities. It all depends on what you are looking for and where. You will definitely pay a little more for Williamsburg than some of its surrounding areas like York County, Toano, Essex, or West Point for example. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 24, 2011
Chris Ognek answered:
If you are just looking for land financing, the best thing to do is probably either cross collateralize with the land and trailer. If you just want to borrow for the land, you'll more than likely need a down payment of 20% or more, again all depending on credit and income. You can also look for a landowner that is willing to seller finance the land with either straight financing or a contract for deed. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
If you were your Landlord, what would YOU do.
You would have a choice between 30-60 year old trees and a temporary renter.
If the trees fall, they will fall on HIS house and he would have Insurance on it.

If it bothers you that much, you probably should find another house to rent.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Gloucester Zip Codes