Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Glendora : Real Estate Advice

  • All42
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 35
Mon Mar 14, 2016
Unfortunately not really. Most lenders are going to need a certificate of completion. However by replacing the wood they have fixed the problem, if that is what they did.

If the termites were not mentioned in the purchase agreement nor on the appraisal, the lender is probably not going to require it.

I would say that if they have replaced the wood, and the lender is good with it, you are probably good to go.

If the termite damage was mentioned in the purchase contract or on the appraisal the lender will need a certificate of completion.

Finally remember that if a termite company issues a certificate of completion, they must fix any termite infestations or damage from termites for one year. By not getting the termite company to do the work the seller now needs to guarantee it or should at least be aware that by law they are doing that. I would suggest getting a 2nd termite inspection.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 19, 2016
Monicaadrianart1 answered:
The best way to find an open house in your area is to # the city you live in, followed by adding #openhouse on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 19, 2015
Hello Victoria, did you find something? If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to study and compare.

You should study RENT vs BUY options as you may qualify to buy with minimum out of pocket expenses and pay less than rent in many cities. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

Beware of the many rental scams out there these days on all sites. The scams are on all of the rental listing sites except one that us agents/broker use such as mls, multiple listing service.

You should not give anyone any funds or personal information without confirming with a licensed agent/broker or management company to find out whom you should be dealing with and the status of any address of interest.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down or as low as .5% half percent down payment program from a minimum 640 fico score up to 417k. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score or even 5% down conventional with NO Mortgage insurance (Lender paid MI) up to 417k.

You will need to be pre-approved if you decide to buy and to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
23+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking Thank, Link or Best Answer.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Leroywedel answered:
I have to move out for medical reasons and the financial hardship my health has caused.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 29, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
Only agents have access to Trulia. Have the listing agent remove the photos.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 28, 2015
floynicole answered:
My Name is Katarzyna Lena from ireland dublin, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr Ugono has done for me and my family. i Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause i was unable to work and i was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when i went online, i met lots of testimonies about this great man so i decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way i got mine, just email and get your healing.he can cure all type os sicknes like Epilesy,Diabetes, Cancer,Ashman, help a women to pregnant ,get your ex back etc, ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 14, 2015
Alex Montelongo Real Estate Group answered:
Im curious to see how agents answer your question. I don't auto respond to my clients. I respond to my clients asap the old fashion way. That works well for me. We are in a personal touch type of business. I never heard of anyone using an auto responder.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE lic #01456982
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Tammy Hayes answered:
Your best resource for crime statistics is the local police or sheriffs department. Sometimes they have a web site with statistics too. Check the city or county. You could also ask a Realtor to give you a local neighborhood report from the MLS ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 4, 2014
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Well, explain that you are sure she wouldn't want you to break the law, and gifts of that size are NOT allowed BY LAW.

Say that sweetly.

Wish her well..... wish her many years of good health and happiness in her new home, and tell her you hope she enjoys the goodies in your gift basket.

Then, say goodbye and hang up!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Zak Bushey answered:
The MLS is the best way to find active listings. If you need a list let me know.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Zak Bushey answered:
Yes, you will have a mortgage on the mobile home as well as rent space typically. Rent space varies but in Glendora ranges from 700-1,000 a month maybe. Have you looked into buying a condo or smaller single family home instead? With interest rates so low, you may be able to have a payment on a regular home at close to the same price. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Zak Bushey answered:
There are more homes on the market the last few weeks in 91740 and 91741 if you are still looking. Around the holidays and start of the year there was low inventory but that has increased. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Daniel Boyer answered:
It never hurts to try, now that some time has passed, how did it work out???
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Oleg Volfman answered:
Hello mlauderdale1218.

I suggest calling your local city's clerks' office and ask for section 8 direct phone number. That is where most of the landlords register their housing. At least that is what New York does.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thank you for your valuable time!

Oleg Volfman, CBR, RSSP
Lic. RE Associate, Office Manager
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
134 Merrick Rd
Lynbrook, NY 11563
Office 516-599-5559
Mobile 917-685-0489
... more
2 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Robert Chomentowski answered:
Fri May 31, 2013
Cassandra Phillips answered:
I clicked on the box by mistake. That said, wouldn't mind finding a charming fixer on half an acre for $350 or less.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
In all sincerity, it's because they don't really want to take any of the applicants and they're hoping a better one comes along.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Ann Blanco asked:
At this time there are only 15 homes for rent on the MLS and that is for 91741 and 91740!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 18, 2012
Kathy Boyer answered:
I am not sure if anyone helped you on this but Southland Properties accepts Section 8 housing. Are you still in need of a place for your father and I need to know what the rent is that Section 8 will pay. Contact me Kathy Boyer at 626-484-0797 and I would be happy to help. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Ann Blanco answered:
Did you find what you were looking for? Mid August is here! There are lots of places to rent in that area. Your post did not state whether you are looking to rent or purchase. Let me know if I can help, I live 5 minutes from that area and my 14 year old goes to GHS as a Freshman, that is right across the street from St. Dorothy's. I can show you things quickly if you are still looking.
You can reach my on my cell phone quickly either by VM or text at 626-201-2225 Cell.
Thank You,
Ann Blanco
Southland Properties
DRE# 01374800
626-201-2225 Cell
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Glendora Zip Codes