Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Glendale : Real Estate Advice

  • All103
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying27
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 46
Wed Aug 23, 2017
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
It is important to understand rather or not the probate sale needs court approval. If it does not, the sale process moves along much like a normal sale. If the sale requires court confirmation, it is up to the Probate Court to determine the timing. This can take quite a long time and is out of the control of the real estate agent. I would start with understanding which type of probate sale this is and go from there. Discuss the situation with the lawyer handling the probate. They will have a better understanding of timing.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 25, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Karla, are you working with a Realtor? Your agent should know how to handle this.
If a C.A.R. form RPA-CA was used and the buyer and seller properly executed the agreement, there are exactly ten reasons why a seller may cancel. "The Seller doesn't want to sell" is not one of the ten reasons!
Most buyers faced with this situation just want to be made whole by getting their deposit back along with compensation for expenses, if any, and look for another suitable home to purchase. But, it may be possible, if you wanted to buy the house and you fully perform your part of the purchase agreement, to seek "specific performance" and force the sale or seek damages; you would need to consult with your attorney about possible remedies.
I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.
Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 9, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Lease agreements are between the tenants and the landlord. The city of Glendale does not have rent control. The landlord can ask whatever rent the market will bear. Work with a local Realtor to see if homeownership is right for you, instead of renting. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 15, 2016
Get a new lender.

I do not check replies, so if you have a comment or question email me here:

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Esgreenwood asked:
Edit my listing
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 18, 2016
144jr144 answered:
I figured that the original issue is resolved by now. For others with a similar issue, you might be required to either build a new enclosed parking area or convert some of the living space back to a usable garage. In many cities including Glendale there must be "off-street covered parking." You must be ABLE to use the garage for parking, like still with a garage door at the driveway.

So, is that space with just a cement floor or has other flooring been put in over the cement? For living space, lots of codes besides flooring must be met or else your insurance policy may not cover damage relating to construction that MIGHT not be up to code (not properly permitted). If you "eliminated" a garage, then you may need to have a new one built. The same thing would apply if your garage was damaged by a tree or something. You MUST have one or else that would technically be a code violation.

Obviously, it is legal to not own a car, so again you do not have to actually use the garage as a garage. Even if you have a car, you can park it outside of the garage or carport. You just have to have one... even if it is totally filled with boxes or furniture or anything that CAN be removed to make space for parking a vehicle.

As for the bathroom plumbing, that is an entirely distinct permit issue than the requirement to have a covered parking area off the street. I am sure that by now you have contacted your local city government to get this clarified. I live just south of Glendale Arizona in greater Phoenix.

For anyone who happens to be looking for a link to the "building" department of the city of Glendale, AZ, I have a link to them on this page:

For more info on renovations, more info is here: We can help with anything from building a carport or garage from ground up to converting a parking area in to interior living space (like a bathroom, extra bedroom, etc...).

Again, how you actually use the space is not really the big issue to the city government. A toilet that you never use still has to be properly permitted or else you can encounter complications.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 28, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Hopefully you documented your arrangement with your parents. A copy of that document along with several months of bank statements showing the payment going out in a timely manner may suffice.
If you're other credit is good, it may not matter, but don't be surprised if they ask for these extra documents.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 28, 2015
James.trulia answered:
There's also the "Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program (ECTP)" from CalFHA.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 24, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
Call the listing agent yourself or hire yourself a buyer's agent to look into this for you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 31, 2015
Daniel Mailyan asked:
Wed Sep 24, 2014
Valli Lopez answered:
You can do a rapid re score which is a process which a loan officer takes your info and orders the 3 bureaus to contact chase and require them to report it. It's quite expensive($135 per bureau) but the most effective way to do it.

You can also report it on each bureaus website, they are required to reply within 30 days and you will get mailed updates directly from the bureaus.

My last little tid bit here is that you can buy after a short sale now, you don't have to pay mortgage insurance either.

Call me if you need my help, I don't charge to fix your credit and can guide you as well.

Valli Lopez
NMLS 980530
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2014
Von Bonilla answered:
Hi Lillian8,

I was in the Bay Area to be exact Mill Valley a few days ago, it is very nice and green there! I am in Pasadena 15-20 minutes on the 110 freeway to DTLA. I grew up here so I am familiar with the area. I have seen the prices continue to rise for a while now. These are the zip codes for and near DTLA .

Here are some statistics for zip code 90015:

Month.....Active.......Sale price average

Time frame is from Jan 2014 to May 2014
Type is 'Single Family Residence', 'Condominium', 'Townhouse'

Most agents may recommend themselves so it's up to you to decide who you connect with or feel comfortable with. Call a few and see if you are comfortable with him or her, visit their website to find out a bit more about them.

Much success!

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Michaelle1963 answered:
My neighbor room 'does not add 2 permits of the city and into many rooms in the house to let more people vo shareroom, it makes very complex area, on the pond, security mat. Please call the city would check down license this add's room and check the house. Home address is
2356 Pacheco Dr San Jose, CA 95133
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Thomas Young answered:
From my experience with 203k loans, the best advice is to use a lender that offers assistance via third party with 203k processing.
This shortens the closing time by weeks. Try for more information. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Gary Geer answered:

Sit down and talk to your current agent. Direct communication is best to head off issues and see both sides of any situation. From the limited information we have here it looks like you may be making offers on bank owned properties. This can be difficult as the banks don't give answers to offfers right away will not communicate with selling agents and have limited infromation even for listing agents. This gives the appearance that the agents are not doing their job or are lacking in helping their clients. No matter what the issues are communication is key to resolution. If after open discussion (on both sides) with your agent things don't get resolved, then by all means seek out another agent. ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Sat May 18, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
If you're looking for a MH in a rent/lease park/community ou really should start with the park manager of the park/communities you are interested in. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rent/lease park/community.

Give me a call at 760 815-6977 or email me at and I'll be happy to refer you to a reliable and experienced Real Estate Broker and/or Manufactured Home dealer. You really need to work with an MH specialist and not just any RE agent/broker. There are a lot of nuances and facts you need to know and not all RE professionals are experts in that area.

Here are a few tips and hints you may want to peruse before you make a committment on a Manufactured Home:

Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:


Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Steven Kuhn answered:
no, simple question and simple answer. There are no lease to own available in La Crescenta.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Talin Mardirosians answered:
Hi Marcos,

Typically, things that will not allow a property to be financed by an FHA loan are:

* illegal additions/conversions
* health and safety issues
* lack of flooring (carpet or tile)
* major repairs

Please feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to help you navigate through the FHA purchase process.

Talin Mardirosians
818-521-4133 CELL
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Levon Leo Yengibaryan answered:
Hi Christine,
Please call me at 818-415-0147, so that I can ask you more specific questions to be able to help you more efficiently. Thanks.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
Just like anywhere else in Los Angeles county- low inventory + desirable area = increase in demand and prices!

FREE Consultation - Please call now: 424-777-9377

Should you have any questions - please do not hesitate to call me Toll Free 1-855-TRUST-55 ext.777 ( 1-855-878-7855 ext.777).

Sergey Fednov
Trust Sale Realty
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55ext. 777
Toll free: 1-855-878-7855 ext. 777
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
* We Hire California Licensed Realtors - 100% Commission!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice