Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Glendale : Real Estate Advice

  • All295
  • Local Info41
  • Home Buying84
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 27
Wed May 6, 2015
Alan May answered:
since none of us knows anything about the auction you're planning on attending, the very best way to find out is to contact the auction company and "ask them".
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 9, 2013
Karen Peyton answered:
Aside from satisfying your own curiosity, the information has no benefit to you. Banks do not have the capacity (from an employment perspective) to speak with every person who wants information about a house that may, or may not, be going into foreclosure. Your best bet is to team up with an agent, who will watch the address and let you know when it becomes available for sale. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 9, 2013
Karen Peyton answered:
You don't say who you are (Buyer or Seller) relative to the situation.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Chris and Michelle Spalding answered:
We've been successful in tracking down the asset management company and even the agent that will eventually list it before it's even hit the market with a little bit of effort. I would definitely call a good and aggressive realtor in your area that'l willing to do some of that footwork on your behalf. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Sandra Gutierrez answered:
Earnest money is negotiable. More earnest money makes a stronger offer. If you don't want to give as much earnest money as the seller is asking, ask your agent to negotiate a lower amount for you. If the seller won't accept a lower amount, then you will have to decide whether you want to buy the property under these terms or not. Just make sure you ask your agent to explain to you under which circumstances and timelines you could lose your earnest money deposit and under which circumstances and timelines will get the money back if the sale doesn't go through. Make sure you follow the timelines closely to avoid losing your deposit. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Johnny James answered:
With my limited OH access it shows a 130 year old home with no mortgage record.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 13, 2011
Jonathan Dalton answered:
Unfortunately, Chris, Julie isn't in Texas so your answer doesn't provide any assistance.

Julie, the simple answer is no. You can contact an attorney to verify but lenders are not going to serve as landlords. The lease is with the homeowner, not the property. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 7, 2011
Abu Musa answered:
If you have a lease you can try to stay up to leasen term.You may call your country clark office for the time and related information.Thank you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 16, 2010
Kyle answered:
Contact me, I can help you do a HAFA (home affordability and foreclosure alternatives) short sale as a certified HAFA specialist, this absolves all debt and no deficiency, and also pays you $3000 in moving expenses if approved. Its a great program and I can refer to a listing agent as well to help you sell it. ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 16, 2010
Natasha Tomlinson answered:
Your best bet is to call the listing agent. Do you have a property in mind?

Natasha Tomlinson
Citywide Real Estate
Direct: (480) 203-4364
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 30, 2010
James Wehner answered:
If it's such a great deal, I would hang in there. I've been a part of transactions where the bank (REO) didn't get the seller signed docs back to the buyer until a few days before the scheduled close of escrow. It is definitely out of the ordinary, but it does happen.

It would be best to continue to follow up with your agent and have them stay in constant contact with the REO listing agent for status updates.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
James Wehner answered:
Yes, they can lien your property, plus they may pursue a personal judgement against you for the balance. I'm sure if there was a bankruptcy involved it may change some things.

This is not advice, just my opinion. You should seek legal advice from an experienced real estate attorney on your situation. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Keith Manson- Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin answered:
I guess I have more questions than answers. Does the second know you have had damage to your property? Any check for insurance needs to be signed by both lenders.

Is the insurance money not enough to fix the home? If your using the funds to reinstate the second and there is no home, is there that much money tied up in the land? Are you going to re build and how are you going to do that with a second mortage?

I would contact the second and explain the situation and if they will not help contact a good real estate attorney to try to address the issue for you. But this will not be a easy case.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certifed Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Jason Whaley answered:
Get a hold of a Real Estate attorney and make a call to the AZ department of Real Estate. I know some realtors that are notaries, but it is a huge conflict of interest. This agent is going to be in huge doo doo if he was unethical, which it sounds like. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Joann Palileo answered:
Sun Dec 13, 2009
Daniel Reynolds answered:
You can attempt to modify the mortgage; however, the bank requires you to occupy the home. The other option is to sell it as a seller carryback. It's possible, someone will give you up to 20k for the home and take over the mortgage.

Daniel Reynolds,Designated Broker/ Realtor®
Broker Executives, Inc
Broker Executives, Inc
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 19, 2009
Kyle answered:
You may want to look at doing an FHA 203k loan program to buy the home, it allows you to finance all the costs to repair the home and even put in any appliances or upgrades you want.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice