Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

91206 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue Oct 25, 2016
X asked:
My listing with Craigslist and/or Zillow is showing on your site too. I just set up a password on your site but it won't let me edit/change that listing
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Esgreenwood asked:
Edit my listing
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 17, 2014
Tristam Bielecki answered:
While there are a lot of scams out there, it is possible the home is split into separate units. If you remain skeptical after speaking with the "owner" then trust your instincts and look elsewhere. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 18, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
If you're looking for a MH in a rent/lease park/community ou really should start with the park manager of the park/communities you are interested in. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rent/lease park/community.

Give me a call at 760 815-6977 or email me at and I'll be happy to refer you to a reliable and experienced Real Estate Broker and/or Manufactured Home dealer. You really need to work with an MH specialist and not just any RE agent/broker. There are a lot of nuances and facts you need to know and not all RE professionals are experts in that area.

Here are a few tips and hints you may want to peruse before you make a committment on a Manufactured Home:

Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:


Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice