Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Glen Rock : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sat Jun 24, 2017
Nowandre answered:
This is the devil tool. If You selling Your house of 100k, and buyer want $5000 seller assist You will get only 95K for your house. What it means You have to pay for his and Yours closing expenses, realtors will get their many because they charge You for selling price which is 100K. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 12, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
I don't understand your question at all. What do you mean you are "2 contract on a short sale". You are going to put a contract on a short sale? You're the 2nd offer?? What do you mean by "first person has put "4sale sign on the property" you mean a "SOLD" sign?? What does your REALTOR say? Seems like the listing agent should be the one who puts any sign on the property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2015
elizabethbrodeur asked:
We are interested in a log home of 1475 sq ft on 1.2 acres. Seller is asking $290K. Traditional homes sold in same area are much much lower with 800 selling for around $220. One home…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Sharon Harris answered:
what is the address? It does not have to be disclosed if there was a death in the home. Now if it was something like a murder or sucide then of course the neighbors all would know. And that is where the rumor mills start. Do you really beleave in Ghosts? If you want to go take a look I will go with you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Michael D Delp answered:
There is also a GRH loan available in certain areas(Guaranteed Rural Housing). It depends if the property is eligible. If you and the home qualify, there is no down payment and you can get up to 6% in closing costs. There is no monthly mortgage insurance. You pay the mortgage insurance in an upfront fee which can also be rolled into the loan. It is a great first time home buyer program. It allows the buyer to put very little money out of their pocket.
If you need any more information, feel free to contact me.
The very best of luck to you!


Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 8, 2008
William Leigh Holt answered:
Joe: Short answer: You got rooked*, from the sound of it. You have three choices. One: sue the b***ards, Two: Fix the problems, three: dump the house. Seems like you’re doing #1 but getting nowhere. Hard to find corporations once they are no longer active. Since they “pass the buck,” sue them all. Problem: they all could be “judgment proof.” (Have not a dime of findable assets to get the court to award you.)

Fix the problems. Problem here is that it costs $$$ and you may not have it and it may be more $$$ than the property is worth.

Three: dump the place, which is where I think you’ve gotten to. Sell it? You have to disclose the defects or you will be a target for suit yourself and will find most Realtors honest enough not to want to join in shenanigans. Unfortunately, there is no directory for those who might be more “flexible”, shall we say?

Idea: Let the mortgage people have it back. It will cost you renting for a while but there are few mortgages available now at reasonable terms. (Unless your mother’s name is Mary and you walk on… well, you get it.) You will eventually work through the credit situation, especially if you document your issues and attempts to settle them. You may have to shop for a mortgage provider, though. It’s a crap shoot, to be sure.

* “Rooked” is polite for another word.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Glen Rock Zip Codes