Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Gilbert : Real Estate Advice

  • All280
  • Local Info22
  • Home Buying112
  • Home Selling22
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 3
Sat Aug 23, 2008
George Purpura answered:
It looks like you already have plenty of volunteers but if you need a Gilbert specialist here I am. My office is in Val Vista Lakes and would be happy to help.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Michael & Cheron Lange answered:
You would need to contact the local city government and they would be able to answer all your questions. If this is a commercial business then you would have to rezone and conform to all pertient permits. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Steve Belt answered:
Sally, buying the home initially is a residential transaction. Getting the zoning changed to commercial is a zoning change, and a commercial agent would probably be helpful to consult. I've done exactly that, as I had a doctor client that was interesting in purchasing a ranch-style home and moving her practice there. Certain cities this is easier to do than other cities. And certain locations within cities it is easier to do than others.

In my office, I have a commercial agent that I would partner with for this type of situation. He has a number of planning/zoning contacts in many Phoenix area cities, which is something you would want to explore BEFORE making a purchase, and finding out there's almost no way you could get your desired zoning change.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice