Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Gilbert : Real Estate Advice

  • All286
  • Local Info22
  • Home Buying116
  • Home Selling23
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 159
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
Sometimes things just break, and I wouldn't fault a home inspector who told you the condition of the unit at the time of the inspection, but had no way of knowing what would happen in the future. Also, you could have it inspected by a licensed HVAC person, if the condition of the unit was of particular importance during your 10-Day Inspection period.

Hopefully you purchased a home warranty which will help with some of the repair costs or full replacement.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 9, 2017
Zoe5101 answered:
To anyone interested In making an offer on a corporate relocation property, I urge you to always get a real estate attorney to review paperwork and contracts. The real estate agents are not trained in corporate relo and are less likely to educate the buyer on how and why the contract differs from a regular sale. There is more risk in buying a corporate relocation home due to their waiver and then the 'we aren't responsible since we didn't live in the home' position they take when you have serious problems due to non-disclosure of sellers etc. Take away: if you love the house, get a real estate attorney to go through contracts and paperwork. Also, demand that the actual relocation company get a home inspection and provide you with report. Compare with your home inspection reports. Ask for all repairs and termite reports for previous years on property, you can get all termite reports from your state board if the sellers dont provide them as they are supposed to. Remember, a corporate relocation company gives the home owners an 'easier out' they are less likely to be honest because they know that the relocation company will be taking responsibility for sale in escrow. Remember, if you dont want a potential life altering nightmare on your hands, keep looking and buy a house the traditional way. Reach out to your local state real estate board and demand more checks and balances with relocation sales, there needs to be more added protection for home buyer and more training for any agent involved in a relocation sale. ... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 16, 2017
Freebiejoes asked:
Before I even pick a house to look at! I cant even see the overlays because that tiny map is now too crowded to be useful.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 23, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
Contact the agent that represented you in your purchase. They will have access to the terms, conditions, and disclosures of the sale. Did you use the 10-Day Inspection Period afforded to you in the contract to inspect for anything and everything you felt was of material importance to you as a buyer?

Contact your agent in the matter, and in the meanwhile "google" pest control companies who spray and treat for scorpions.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 14, 2017
You can purchase with 3% down conventional as long as you have a FICO above 620 and may even be eligible for programs that have no MIP/PMI, but have slightly higher rates. A lot will depend on credit, income, and assets to see if you qualify. I'm licensed nationwide so reach out to me by clicking on my profile and I will get you a quote.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 18, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
The "inside" of the house is stucco? Stucco is usually an exterior finish, but of course anything is possible. Answering your question...No. Do not assume the entire house is block. Ask your agent for tax record information and verify construction during your 10-Day Inspection Period.

Good luck!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 30, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
Is there a question in there or are we just placing bets on how long before the other person also files bankruptcy?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 11, 2016
Hdjburns123 asked:
When we contacted them about the problem and that termites and roach's were coming up through the foundation cracks, they stated they made a corporate decision NOT to honor any more foundation…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2016
Kelly Donnelly asked:
Wed Feb 24, 2016
Kristen Downing answered:
When a lender asks for buyer’s SSN, DOB, Address, and phone it’s NOT a credit check, it’s to run the OFAC. Essentially this is done to ensure that the buyer is not a terrorist and that they are a US citizen.

The explanation of OFAC is this:
The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States. OFAC acts under Presidential national emergency powers, as well as authority granted by specific legislation, to impose controls on transactions and freeze assets under US jurisdiction. Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 20, 2016
Adam Botticello answered:
I would love to assist you and your son in the home buying process. I am deeply appreciative of the sacrifices made by our Veterans and so I offer my Veteran clients a very large commission rebate. I credit my Veteran home buyer clients two thirds (2/3) of the commission paid to me at closing. This most commonly is 2% as sellers typically offer a 3% commission.

I would love to have a conversation with you to see where you are in the process and how I can assist.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 17, 2016
Robin Gabardy answered:
I am a USAA member, also. USAA has a program that offers members rebates based on sales price when you use an approved Realtor to buy or sell a home. I have helped many USAA buyers through this process and would be pleased to help you with the process. I can be reached through this site or my site

I look forward to discussing the program with you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 4, 2015
Karen Peyton answered:
I'm not sure that capability is available on Trulia. However, even if available, what you see may be more of a fairy tale than a real indication of market performance.
For accurate data from the formulators of the data (Arizona Regional MLS,) you will have to make your request through an agent. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2015
Good morning Susan,

Please thank your son for his valuable service to our Nation! I, for one, truly appreciate his sacrifice!

With regards to the VA Loan: A Veteran qualifies for a VA Guaranteed mortgage ONLY with another Veteran or a spouse. Therefore, unless you and your spouse are also Veterans, you could not be included in the Loan Application.

That having been said, you can certainly GIFT your son money towards a down payment and closing costs. Further, if he is receiving a VA disability pension (and other income benefits such as SSI), that income can be included to qualify, including his income being "grossed up" to qualify at a higher level.

Lastly, the VA guidelines are VERY liberal with regards to using the maximum amount of income to qualify.

Finding the right, and VERY EXPERIENCED, Mortgage Loan Originator is the primary step for any Veteran wishing to use the VA Guaranteed Loan program.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2015
Ted Rood answered:
Fannie Mae allows parents to buy homes for their adult disabled children, and adult children to buy homes for their senior parents under owner occupant guidelines. The guides don't mention siblings buying homes for siblings, but I did recently get an approval for a mother and daughter (both adult) to jointly buy a home for their disabled son/brother, and it was considered owner occupied. Here's a link to an article i wrote on the subject last week for Mortgage News Daily:{uname=trood}
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 7, 2015
Ryan Moxley answered:
I have a lender that includes credit repair as part of the loan process. Give me a call and I will put you in touch with them.
Ryan Moxley
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 7, 2015
Griffin Hall answered:
Hello Jean,

Depending on the interior condition of the home the rent estimate would be $1400-$1450 per month. On a long term lease (1 year+) tenants are responsible for the utilities & yard maintenance. I am happy to give more information. Thank you Griffin Hall ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 19, 2015
Jordan J. Pelletier answered:
The county assessor is responsible for the square footage listed. Trulia simply pulls information from MLS/Maricopa County Tax Assessor and displays the info on the site. If you want this correction to be made consider contacting the county assessor. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice