where can I get a copy/original of my property deed?

Asked by ptlf7, Houston, TX Mon Nov 26, 2012

Answers

8
Rene Castillo, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Fondren Southwest should still be Harris county. Check out the county clerk's website http://www.cclerk.hctx.net/ They have started a lot of online purchasing on some items to save you a trip downtown. I hope this helps!
Sahar Samadi…, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Feb 9, 2015

The title company that you closed at will have a copy of the property deed.
beckyboohoo2…, Home Buyer, Midland Avenue West, Joliet, IL
Tue May 27, 2014
I live in Birmingham i need to no where to go get a copy of me y deeds for my house
ptlf7, Home Owner, Houston, TX
Mon Nov 26, 2012
I have called thePublid records, who refered me to HCTA office who refered me to another department "deed records" but she told me they don't handle that and I need to go to 6000 Chimney rock??
I would LOVE a straight answer to a simple question. I paid the house off in Jan 2012, no tax info, mortgage company doesn't do that, but I have a sneeking suspicion that a deed has been filed SOME where that wouls state "Mr so & so IS in FACT the owner of said property" but the government trail has gone cold for a leyman such as myself...frustration has set in !!
Myra Ephross, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Nov 26, 2012
The title company who closed the sale will be able to get a copy to you. If it was closed some time ago, it will be registered with the county. If it is reasonaly recent, one of the agents involved in the sale may have a copy in their files.
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Nov 26, 2012
The deed is recorded in the county public records downtown. You would need to go there (or possibly a branch courthouse office) to get this. Likely a small fee as well.

If you closed at a title company, they could go into their records and pull this for you. Also if you used a Realtor, they might have it in their file. The farther back in time, the harder it will be for the Realtor, but the title company and the courthouse will be your best bets.

Buyers get copies of the recorded deed 2-6 weeks after closing along with other closing documents from the title company. If you closed in the last 10 years, that document is with your closing papers!!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Nov 26, 2012
The city/county where you reside?
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Contact the local town offices, it should cost you no more then 5 or ten dollars. Bewars of scam in the mail stating you can get a copy from them for $59.95 or so...

Chris
thank you
Flag Mon Nov 26, 2012