what would life for a 40 year old single mom with a 12 year old daughter be like in Tao Ski Valley?

Asked by Dianne B., Taos Ski Valley, NM Thu Aug 8, 2013

Answers

3
Albino Martinez’s answer
Albino Marti…, Agent, Ranchos de Taos, NM
Thu Aug 8, 2013
Life would be pretty spectacular if you're both outdoorsy and adventurous. While there are families that live there some folks are seasonal owners so your daughter may find it tough to find and make friends there. You'll get all four seasons there that's for sure.
aren't there schools there for the kids ? What are schools like? I'm entertaining a job at the hospital there in Taos and I'm trying to get a feel for how life would be for me and my 12 year old. Yes we are very outdoorsy and and love that aspect but one needs the interaction with others to. What about rental property on an annual basis, how hard are nice properties to find. I live in Florida now.
Flag Thu Aug 8, 2013
pittsburghea…, Home Buyer, Taos, NM
Wed Dec 4, 2013
The Ski Valley is kind of far from the hospital: ~30 minutes on winding mountain roads, and I think the only school up there is the ski school. If you live in Taos proper, there are lots of schools and plenty of kids around. The Weimer neighborhood, where the hospital is located, backs up onto the Carson National Forest, so there is plenty woodsy to do without having to drive much at all.
Thu Aug 8, 2013