what is the job market like?

Asked by Reginald Shaw, Fort Walton Beach, FL Wed Jun 26, 2013

Answers

3
Mary McNair, Agent, Fairhope, AL
Tue Nov 5, 2013
What type of jobs do you feel qualified for? Which part of the area are you wanting to consider? The answer this questions is really dependent on your willingness and ability to do jobs that may be physically demanding, as there are more manufacturing jobs being created due to AirBus and suppliers who are being courted for Mobile and parts of Baldwin County, as well as an anticipated entertainment park in Foley, increasing tourism, opportunities are growing. However, it all comes down to your qualifications and willingness to take the jobs that are available.
Tracie Patnoe, Renter, Foley, AL
Tue Nov 5, 2013
In my opinion the job market here is terrible unless you work in retail or restaurant venues. Forget trying to break into the medical field here. I have found that any medical positions seem to only be available to people who were born here and/or grew up here.
Mary McNair, Agent, Fairhope, AL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
There are increasing opportunities depending on education or willingness to complete training, but at the same time a lot of competition for those jobs.

What type of job are you seeking?