what is the imigrant population in glen cove, what impact does the population have on the community,what issues are a problem in the community?

Asked by Teri, Glen Cove, NY Wed Oct 12, 2011

Answers

4
Outtahere’s answer
Outtahere, Home Owner, Glen Cove, NY
Thu Jul 12, 2012
I agree with Newyorkcitybeachlova. I'm moving from the area. I don't want to raise my children in this school district any longer and I cannot afford private school I would not stay even if I could afford it. The illegal population has grown considerably-which is evident in our schools and in the streets (gangs,etc) It does not feel safe.
daniela, Home Owner, New York, NY
Tue May 8, 2012
Glen Cove is not the community it used to be. If you drive around at night in the downtown area you will see what Glen Cove has become. Local politicians and community all-stars send their kids to private schools. You will see that most people who are selling their homes are getting out to move to better school districts.. I'd say out of a class of 22, 6-7 are English speaking.. We are all for a melting pot for that is what this great country is based upon.. However, the demographics of Glen Cove are no longer a melting pot. Your taxes go to English as a 2nd language, day care and entitlement programs for children of illegal immigrants who don't pay taxes.. If your kid is in a classroom with a majority of non-english speaking kids, there is no way the level of schooling is NOT compromised.. If you would like to live on the North Shore of Long Island, you should check into neighboring towns who enforce zoning and don't allow 100 illegal aliens living in a house.. The bad things in Glen Cove like the gangs, crime rate and high taxes to pay for programs are very much hushed up..
Well said!
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Oct 12, 2011
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Wed Oct 12, 2011
Hi, You can go to http://www.homefair.com for in-dept area demographics and crime stats for any area.

Chris
Web Reference:  http://raveis.com/chrispagli