what is the best area to live and raise children in or around houston,tx. I really would also like to know

Asked by Lulu, Wed Aug 20, 2008

about public schools

Answers

6
Gail W. Nash, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Aug 20, 2008
You can investigate the various schools through the school districts' websites. When you find schools that meet your standards, you can consider other things about the area--home prices, parks, churches, children's sports, shopping, proximity to your work, etc. HISD, SBISD, Katy, Fort Bend, Cy-Fair, Woodlands--they all reveal test scores and other factors that contribute to the various designations. You might also consider any magnet specialty the school offers, and if it interests your children. This "best area" should be defined by your values and needs.
Deanna, , 77304
Fri Aug 22, 2008
There are numerous places that are great places to live in and raise a family in and around Houston. The city is the fourth largest so knowing what your daily routines (where you work, for example), would be imperative knowledge to assist in locating the best area for your specific needs and wants. There are great schools to the north, to the south, to the west, etc. We have master-planned communities that have all the perks kids want right in the neighborhood. We also have property taxes here and that will have an effect on the amount due each month. Houston is a big, beautiful place to live. What's best for one person may not be for another. Narrow your search based on your lifestyle and the answers will come easily for any agent (including myself :) ).
Juan Carlos, , 77095
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Hi Lulu,

I live in Cypress and I really really like it. I have thow childrne in high school and they have been in CyFair schools since kinder - great schools. There are a lot of good places to raise kids in Houston - Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Katy, CyFair, etc... Bridgeland, Fairfield, etc...
If you are looking to buy a house and are not currently represented by a realtor please feel free to contact me, I would love to show you the above neighborhoods.

Juan Carlos
Sean P., , Aventura, FL
Thu Aug 21, 2008
My wife was a family was a founding family in Friendswood. I always liked Clear lake area (which is now part of Houston). There are many great schools in ZIP code 77058 anf 77059. Compared to other palces in America, these are cheap compared to other places in the US. My mother and 2 siblings live in Chappaqua, NY. They bought their house for $150 30 years ago, and have turned down $2,000,000! I left Brook Forest with a pool and a beautiful home back in '91. The house I sold is up for sale right now, for $10,000 more then what I sold it for 25 years ago. We're now considering moving back. It's a great place live. Hopefully, it's not too late for us to move. We're on 40 acres with a lot of privacy and up keep, and I'm getting to old.
Tj, Home Seller, northwest houston
Wed Aug 20, 2008
After moving around houston from another state, I have noticed and felt that Champions and surrounding areas in the northwest is a great place. Klein ISD is a great district to have your kids in. They focus on No Place for Hate, which keeps violence out of the schools to raise academics. Test scores have increased. Your children would feel safe and confident.
Sharon Parker, Agent, Sugarland, TX
Wed Aug 20, 2008
Sugar Land Texas,Great wood and Missouri City Texas (sienna Plantation). the area also depends on how much you want to spends on a home. What grade are you looking for. FBISD.