what is a good community/neighborhood with great schools for young single mother of 4 relocating from philadelphia pa to charlotte nc?

Asked by Tt, Charlotte Street, Asheville, NC Sat Feb 12, 2011

Answers

12
Elizabeth Wallace’s answer
Elizabeth Wa…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Hi there! I'm a Charlotte Realtor that can refer you to a great website to answer this question for you. http://www.bestplaces.net/ Are you looking to rent or buy when you arrive? I'm happy to help either way.
Elizabeth Wallace
The Source Realty Group
(704) 517-8207
Web Reference:  http://www.bestplaces.net/
Tt, , Charlotte Street, Asheville, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Hello all. I am a nurse so I would love to be in any area with good employment opportunity. My oldest child will be entering high school next year. All of them are highly active in multiple activities like dance gymnastics piano basketball baseball and football. I have to be in a area that offers all of the above mentioned. I've been hearing lots of positive and negatives about Charlotte. It's so hard to know whats true and false now and days.
Barry Carter, Home Buyer, Washington, PA
Sat Aug 30, 2014
Fort Mill, South Carolina.
Elizabeth Wa…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Check out our site with school info: http://thesourcerealtygroup.com/relocation/schools/
Jack Oudin, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Feb 14, 2011
TT: I'm a transplant from NJ and I've lived in Charlotte since 1992... you are making the right choice for your nursing career (plenty of job opportunities) and your children will love it too! Great schools and plenty of after school programs to accommodate your children's interest. My wife is a CMS National Board Certified Teacher and can certainly answer your questions, if you can't find the answers on my web site: http://www.JackSold.com; on the Life Style tab you will find the links for most of your questions. Just thinks, in March we will have our early blooms already, that sure beats the heavy snows you've experienced this year. This week we will be in the 60's...what more can I say! I'd welcome the opportunity to help you find your next home! JackSOLD.com
Web Reference:  http://www.JackSOLD.com
Lynn Johnson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Hi Tt,

I know all of these answers from the Realtor community can be confusing because you do not know the Charlotte area. I have been working in the Charlotte market for 10 years as a building products specialist and for 9 years as a Realtor. I will be happy to tell you several things:

1. I will give you an analysis of the areas in Charlotte that have experienced the best re-sale value.

2. I will give you a list of the most sought-after schools in the area.

3. I will show you what is available to you within your preferred drive time to work.

4. I can also show you where there are lots of opportunities for your children's after-school activities including sports, dance, piano, etc.

All I need is a little more information so I can refine the search. Please feel free to call or email me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Take Care,
Lynn Johnson
Realtor, Accredited Buyer's Agent
Savvy + Co. Real Estate
jlj3626@aol.com
704-756-7005 (m)
Tracy Jones, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Please take a look at Belmont NC. Awesome town just minutes to uptown Charlotte. Belmont has small town living and minutes to everythin in Charlotte. Local schools for your kids. Charlotte Mecklenburg school kids are bused. I would love the opportunity to show you around Belmont. Just give me a call and I can forward you the housing you are looking for.
Tracy Jones
RE/MAX
704-661-2498
Jim Nuccio, , Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Hello, Tt... While Charlotte is the area's main city, the suburbs of Charlotte are very popular and also offer great choice to newcomers, Our area has a diversity of housing price ranges.Depending on your other requirements (proximity to employment, shopping, center city, price, etc), I'm sure you can find what you are looking for,

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. It's an exciting time for you and your family and I'm confident a good working relationship will help to lessen any trepidation you may have.

Regards... ..Jim Nuccio.. 704.807.7312 Jim@JImNuccio.com Keller Williams Realty
Lisa Brann, , Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
I think mint hill is a great suburb of Charlotte. Let me know if you want me to send you more information.
Lisa Nye
Realtor & teacher
Soldbylisan@gmail.com
Julie Wall B…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Lots of great neighborhoods in Charlotte. What is your price range, where will you be working? Are you more urban or rural? Would love to help you find a new home in Charlotte!
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 13, 2011
There are a lot of great places to move within the Charlotte area. The main questions are whether you are looking to buy or rent? What price range are you looking in? And do you want to be near any hghways, public transportation, or work area?

If you could let us know we can better serve you as to where you would best find a place to meet your needs.
Web Reference:  http://www.davedicecco.com
Robin Faison, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Colvard Park in the University City Area, Highland Creek in the University City Area, Wynfield in Huntersville, Providence Plantation In South Charlotte, Northstone in Huntersville, Birkdale in Huntersville, Davis Lake in the University City Area, Baxter Village in Fort Mill, SC, Winding Walk in Cabarrus County. What is a great school? What is your price range? What kind of house do you want? Here is an example of a full brick house that is 2600 heated sq ft for $274,999 in the University City area. Do you want older or newer?