General Area in East Grove>Question Details

Apugal, Renter in San Diego, CA

what can you say about eureka ranch community and chaparral creek community in escondido?which is a better place to live in?

Asked by Apugal, San Diego, CA Thu Aug 30, 2012

Answers

5
Hi, Apugal, great question and to tell you the truth, both areas are beautiful and have fantastic homes and the others wrote very valid points. Eureka Springs would be quieter, and have nicer looking community areas and sidewalks because of the HOAs. I also would like to note that of the homes I have seen in both areas, Eureka Springs tends to have a bit more space in the backyard. If you would like I would love to show you both communities and am available anytime to do so. Please contact me at (760) 294-3876 or katy@jmrealestate.net. Have a fantastic day and weekend.
I live in Eureka Springs, I think the choice between available new homes when we bought in 2008 was a wash when compared between higher Shea Homes, and others home price. Its a nice community, the Lennar home I own is very well built and Lennar has stood behind its warranty.

The Mello Roos is taxed deductible. The HOA keeps the area nice and Eureka Springs has very nice community areas, its $150/month.

The price for these homes is significantly less than other similar sized homes and/or smaller, at least as I have noted over the past almost six years. These homes are a great buy. They are close to Daley Ranch, surrounded by beautiful hills. I like Escondido it's a fun place, with a small town appeal. Everything is within 30-45miles plus theaters, and a nice mall.
These are both nice areas. As you mentioned, Eureka Springs HOA+Mello roos end up making this a very expensive place to live.

If you are looking for a nice place in Escondido I might consider Brookside, Emrald Heights, or something South in Escondido such as Candlelight hills, Lomas Serenas, etc. Great neighborhoods without the crazy cost of Eureka Springs.
Hello, My name is Krystal, I am an agent and I currently live in Eureka springs. I did lots of research on the two communities before I bought. The houses were built around the same time ES was built by Centex and Lennar and CC was built by Shea homes. The main difference is the Fees accociated with both communities. ES has cheaper purchase price however we have a mollo roos tax. CC does not have a mello tax but the homes prices are a little higher. I think both community has great large homes for a great price for San Diego. I would love to answer any other questions you have. Feel free to contact me directly at krystal@sdhomes.com
Both are nice areas. It depends on what you are looking for. Give me a call and we can explore both communities and see which one better suits your needs.