what are the best places to live in stratford?

Asked by Cynthia, Thu Nov 15, 2007

Answers

5
Ted Kostzews…, , Stratford, CT
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Cynthia: I lived in Stratford for about 30 years. It's not a huge metropolis and all major highways, 95, 15, 8, & 25 are no more than 5-10 minutes away, no matter where you live. Lordship is beautiful but you might overpay because of the "water" views. Main Street-Putney is one of the nicer areas and is located in the north end. It has a blend of historical and new properties. You can get a larger house on a generous sized lot. Oronoque is also very nice and has a variety of newer generation houses on acre lots. I would also recommend you look at houses on the side streets off Huntington Road. There are some very good neighborhoods, reasonably priced ranches, colonials and capes, and many within walking distance to very good schools. Have fun. If I can help, please call me.
George Anton…, Agent, Madison, CT
Mon Nov 19, 2007
Hi Cynthia, looks like you're not getting the answers you need.

If you like I know an agent that REALLY DOES a great deal of work in Stratford and that area. I can give you her contact information.

Let me know if you need that information.

George Antonopoulos
Shoreline Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Madison, CT

800-759-6936 Office
Anita Flynn, Agent, Ridgefield, CT
Tue Jul 7, 2009
Cynthia - You already have some good info, but one that has been kind of glossed over is the Paradise Green area in the heart of Stratford, just north of the train station. Longbrook Park , on one side of Main Street, is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and is a mecca for many families from the area. Everyone enjoys feeding the ducks here and many use the pond for an exercise track. There are playing fields and play equipment, also. This area has a neighborhood shopping district, and is within minutes of all forms of transportation. I believe this area is a good value, as it is more affordable than some of the others mentioned, with nice neighborhoods sandwiched between the train station on the south end, and the country club on the north end. There are a few fun restaurants, a few donut shops and an ice cream parlor or two. All in all, a great place to live!
Steinie, Home Buyer, lechat
Sun Jan 6, 2008
Hi: My family moved to Stratford about 6 months ago after looking in Fairfield and New Haven counties and we love living here. We bought a lovely home near the train station I-95 and the Parkway that would have cost much more in some other towns. There is plenty of shopping and services nearby. We don't have young children but there are several schools within a two mile radius of our home. I don't know if this is typical of all of Stratford's neighborhoods though. The only (small) disappointment is that there aren't many restuarants around outside of small pizza style places - no upscale eateries or nightlife to speak of but plenty of activities for families, children, youth, and seniors. There is a beach and small golf course and community swimming at one of the high schools. I haven't lived here long but the north end, paradise green, lordship, and oronoque appear to be the best areas of town to live in.

Good luck with your search!
Martin, Home Seller, Stratford, CT
Thu Dec 6, 2007
Hi Cynthia, If your looking for a home in Stratford you might consider this listing:

http://iggyshouse.com/PropertyWelcome.aspx?PropertyID=181873