wha's different for listing the mobile and single home?

Asked by Felah Han, Anaheim Hlls, Anaheim, CA Tue Mar 17, 2009

Answers

5
2020mobileho…, , Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Fri Apr 23, 2010
A big different these days between selling a mobile home and a single family home is financing. While lots of FHA programs are available for condo and single family home buyers, financing is very difficult to find for mobile homes. And the older the home is the harder it is to finance.

Be sure when listing your home that the agent you list with knows where to get financing for the new buyers or can help you offer seller financing.
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Barbara, Good point you made, I forgot to even mention that!
Barbara Robb…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Good Morning! One of the differences between a mobile home and a single home sale is that once you do get an offer the park has to approve the buyer as well as the Seller of the mobile home. Credit is an important issue for the park management and they usually have a specific package that a buyer needs to fill out and hand in to them. So any offer acceptance has to be contingent upon approval of the buyer by the Park Management. I have listed and sold mobilehomes and if there is any other questions you may have I will be glad to help.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro Internet Certified, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Felah, I am assuming you are meaning the difference between a mobile home and a single family home? Actually, in both the purchase and the sale of a mobile home the paperwork is a bit different, as is the financing. Depending on whether a mobile home is in a park that is a rental park (where you pay "space rent" for the ground it is on) or if you are in a park where you own the land the park is on, financing can be different than it is for a "stick built" home in a neighborhood. With today's financing it can get very sticky in either situation. In addition, unlike a stick built single family home, mobile homes older than 1976 can be very difficult to finance, no matter how nice they may look, or how many updates they have had. The reason for this is that the construction of the older homes was different, and lenders don't want to lend on them.

For both the purchase and the listing of mobile or manufactured homes, the listing and purchase agreements are a whole different set of documents than the documents for a regular home. On them you need to give the details of the size, manufacturer, serial numbers and whether or not the home is on the "tax rolls" or if they are taxed as a vehicle.

In addition, many mobile home communities are "senior only" communitites, which have restrictions on how old the owner of the home must be, so you need to plan accordingly if you have a family or children that will be living in the home. Family parks are fewer and farther between.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, feel free to contact me and I will try to be of further assistance.

Patti Phillips
"Advice You Need, Attention You Deserve"
800-680-9133
Mahesh Mike…, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Hi Felah:
I am not sure if I quite understand the question:
If it is a listing question:
Basically listing a mobile home or single home is the same, but Mobile homes has a separate category when you do a search.. it has it's own category under 'mobil Homes'
The process and paperwork is pretty much the same.
If is a specific question, you may post again or feel free to contact me directly. see website below.
Thanks.
Mike
Web Reference:  http://mikepatel.com