we are looking to purchase a home for rental property- which areas are best rentals for college students - umass in particular

Asked by Funrun, Amherst, MA Mon Sep 26, 2011

Answers

7
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Look to see what the rents are for each area and the price. If you are looking for a mulifamily I can help you.
Christine Lau, Agent, Amherst, MA
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Investors often look to properties that are located on the bus route. Amherst, Northampton, Hadley, Sunderland and Belchertown. Graduate students migrate toward Northampton - Hadley and Sunderland have low taxes.
Greg Haughton, Agent, Amherst, MA
Tue Sep 27, 2011
There are many areas convenient to Umass to consider. The challenge is finding a house where the numbers work.
Funrun, Home Buyer, Amherst, MA
Mon Sep 26, 2011
no and no - we own rental property in everett and are well aware of college students - have a couple ourselves - just looking for area advice - was trying to get feedback from realtors familiar with the area
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Mon Sep 26, 2011
Not that I am against renting to students and yes you can get more in rent, but is this your first real estate investment venture?

If so I suggest you rent the movie Pacific Heights.....

He makes students look like Snow White.
Funrun, Home Buyer, Amherst, MA
Mon Sep 26, 2011
Oops - sorry about that - Amherst, MA
Masha Sender…, Agent, Newton, MA
Mon Sep 26, 2011
Are you looking around Amherst or around Boston?