112th Street between 2nd and third ave....safe enough area for two male students?

Asked by cjmama123, New York, NY Sun Apr 28, 2013

would love someones honest opinion....one of them works late at night and will b riding the 6 train with a two block walk...what do you think?

Answers

10
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Apr 28, 2013
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
Anton Glotser, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
yea lots of students live there
cjmama123, , New York, NY
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi and thanks everyone for answering...yes I went and yes I saw and yes I hung out...the guys moved in this past may....and seem to be enjoying the area and all that it has to offer....lots of young famalies in his building and a lot of hustle and bustle on the streets day and night...so I am happy with their choice...but most of all they like it!
diazjoh, Renter, New York, NY
Tue Jul 23, 2013
It's a very safe, for I live on 112th between 2nd & 3rd with my wife and we always come home late every evening. We also have an Asian couple who live in the building for the last 15 years, and YES it FINE! Hey you never know, go and see for yourself.
cjmama123, , New York, NY
Mon May 13, 2013
Hi Everyone who has answered/ or didnt answer my questions....I took a ride and checked out the building and the area myself...the building wasnt all that fabulous but it will work....the neighborhood was filled with families and children walked around for a while...stopped in local place to eat...shopped in the stores...hung out.til nighttime ..things felt ok....talked to a couple police officers and had the same advice as you guys...be aware of your surroundings etc...thanks for all your help ...the young men will be moving in June 1st

thanks for taking the time to answer....appreciate it...CJ
Desmond Smith, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Sat May 11, 2013
NO one is going to answer that question directly. What is safe to one person is not always safe to another. PLEASE don't sleep in any area, no matter how safe you think your going to be take precautions. I'm am now a45 year old man 300+ lbs. and still look over my shoulder just in case. I was once mugged in NY at 5am was 22 yrs old 250lbs. a black belt in Shoto Kan Karate, he was about 30yrs. 160 lbs. and had a BIG gun. You can always ask and check for your self about an area but always take precautions.
Shari, Renter, New York, NY
Sat May 11, 2013
I live on 112th between lex and 3rd... I also walk to the target which is on 117th and pleasant ave. I am a female (graduated this month) , I'm small and live with another female. You will be fine everyone keeps to themselves or are nice... and if you notice a lot of people in our buildings are just like you :) Just be mindful of what's going on have your headphones on but don't turn the music up loud....this honestly can go for anywhere in the city though. I've walked home late some nights and feel fine but if it's ever super late then just taxi.... I've even taken the train from bk to midtown before then caught a taxi to save $$. Just plan ahead!

I am actually moving and wish I could stay in my building it's gorgeous and new!! I don't know your budget but you should try to check out the apts/condos between lex and 3rd we paid 2000 for a 2 bed! Good luck!
oh and my roommate works night shift and rides the train :)
Flag Sat May 11, 2013
cjmama123, , New York, NY
Mon Apr 29, 2013
thank you....great idea...much appreciated...
cjmama123, , New York, NY
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Thanks...but a little imposible to do...in my situation...thanks anyway...btw was not asking in a discriminatory way....just looking out for my foster kids who asked my advice...just reaching out for an honest answer
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Hi CJ. NY State Licencees are not allowed to answer this type of question. We are not allowed to discriminate or steer (or to even imply) and answering this question might do both. Your best bet is to go into the neighborhood at various times of the day and night to get a "feel" for it and your own perceived safety level. Good luck.