Question removed

Asked by Larry, 02176 Thu Aug 9, 2007

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.


Gerry Bourge…, Agent, Leominster, MA
Thu Aug 9, 2007
If you are being "over taxed" as a result of the inaccuracy you should notify the assessor of the problem and stay on it until it is corrected. You shouldn't be paying tax on what you don't own. If the error is in your favor, let your consience guide you. If you decide to ignore the error, make sure you let your Realtor know when it comes time to sell your home (or the appraiser when it comes time to refinance).
Web Reference:
0 votes
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Thu Aug 9, 2007
You need to contact the assessor immediately to correct the information. The information they have is how they establish your value. Sometimes the square feet is incorrect or the room count. this can be the case if a permit was not taken out with the addition. If it is a name correction you can provide them the correct info.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
General Area in Melrose Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more