Question removed

Asked by 30188, Atlanta, GA Mon Jul 23, 2007

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

3
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
Hey 30317!
Kirkwood is a desireable neighborhood and if this is the season for you to move then I would do the homework involved in getting the right price.

Thats where the agent steps in and provides you with the comp's to date, and does the pre-requisite absorption rate, weighting of your particular unit to the other properties, etc.

However two things to consider:

1) Noone can tell you how the market will be next spring - or two springs from now. The economy drives the consumer to buy or not, and in an election year things could go either way.

Optimistically, I would say that an election year should make for a good economic push - that is until the votes are counted... then we all get a wake up call to which way the wind will shift, again.

2) What are your priorities and will a couple percent points really make all that much of a difference to you. Try doing the math for what you think your home is worth and what the other homes are selling for. If the percentages aren't working for you - you might consider waiting.

To be totally thorough - do a reverse percentage based on how much you would "hope" the market will gain in a couple seasons... if the spread is good - wait; if its insignificant put the house on the market and save yourself some guess work.

The truth is - if you aren't in all that much of a hurry; put the house up for what you want and let the buyer come to you. I've used this example in the past but it bears repeating: A house was for sale in a subdivision outside Atlanta - price $100k over the other homes in the neighborhood. Didn't think they'd ever find a buyer and even their agent was surprised when presto-chango the house sold in 3 month or less.

Moral of the story - there's a buyer out there for your property: if you have the time and patience let them find you.
30188, Both Buyer And Seller, Atlanta, GA
Fri Jul 27, 2007
Thank you so much for your time & info. It is very much appreciated. We have a million things going on & haven't had a working computer, so we'll need more time reading & responding properly, but I wanted to go ahead & let all of you know that you are appreciated & that we haven't asked for your help & then disappeared. Have a nice weekend! :-)
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
The only think yo ucan know is what you can get now! In theory, you can always get more the longer you hold on to the home. People are out there buying homes, but Kirkwood is "hot" for investors, which is effecting the overall market. I don't see that changing in the spring. If you want to move now, sell now.

I don't see much benefit in waiting, unless it fits your overall plan.
Web Reference:  http://www.jrjarvis.com