Question removed

Asked by Aoneeka, 30324 Fri Sep 26, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

8
Lise Desorme…, , Atlanta, GA
Sun Sep 28, 2008
Ok, now I'm reading your latest question and Candice I have to be honest. If your looking for an impartial opinion then you must feel like your current agent is trying to sell you something and you don't think he or she is providing accurate information or the answers your getting just aren't making sense to you.

If I were you I would re-post this question and get the answers you really want. I've noticed this question isn't getting much attention and usually there are a bunch of answers from agents....truthfully sometimes more then a person wants:)

The question should probably go more like the last question you've posted here but I would leave out the first two sentences and just ask the direct questions for the neighborhood your looking in.

Hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.rmr-usa.com
Aoneeka, Home Buyer, 30324
Sun Sep 28, 2008
Yes I have a real estate agent but I guess yes I am looking for an impartial opinion. How much do appraisers usually run? I also notice that taxes are high in that area due to people demolishing houses and building larger ones next to the ranch houses. How much do taxes go down due to homestead exemption? Is it only a couple hundred dollars difference or thousands?
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sun Sep 28, 2008
Hi Candace,

Ron hit the major points and Lise touched on the need for an agent. If you want the best answer (and somewhat impartial) then maybe contacting an appraiser might be best.

Like everywhere else in metro Atlanta activity in zip 30342 is off. The value and appeal of any home is impacted by the market, external factors, condition, location.....on and on.

If you want specific detail on any home in particular just drop me an email. I can also reecommend a few appraisers if you'd like.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
REMAX Greater Atlanta
678-428-8276
Lise Desorme…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Sep 27, 2008
I'm reading your second question and I'm wondering if you have an agent? It sounds like you are very serious about a home or two and your confused about the difference in price. This is were a good agent would come in to hand you the answers your asking her. Without more information like knowing which homes your comparing, it won't be possible to answer your question with a great deal of intelligence however.........

To answer your question another way. If both homes (I'm making the assumption you are comparing two homes here) are very much the same concerning; in the same neighborhood, same schools, same material on the exterior i.e. brick, same number of bedrooms, close to or the same square footage and I mean close, same or close to interior finishes, appliances and all that is inside the home is very much the same the difference would be a seller who wants to sell and a seller who needs to sell. I'd buy from the seller who needs to sell and be very happy I did.

By the way I am not an agent but I am an industry professiional, I'm just recommending you get one.

I hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.rmr-usa.com
Dan Connolly, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Sep 27, 2008
Without seeing the home it would be just a guess, but with all the upgrades, including the finished lower level it would be a great deal in the 200's and into the lower 300's as well. But I would really have to see it to be sure. If the back yard is on I85 or the house is on Briarcliff it may impact value.
Aoneeka, Home Buyer, 30324
Sat Sep 27, 2008
What if it has all those upgrades and it is on east side of 85 just off briarcliff?
Lise Desorme…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Sep 27, 2008
The difference between home values located in the same area is comprised of a number of different factors. Since real estate is about location first you will also see varying degrees of the quality of a neighborhood within a location, quality of life, size of the home, materials used to construct the interior and exterior and amenities both in the home and in the neighborhood. With this in mind you can very well see the difference of house values within a location and they will vary in price starting with small and then even greater price comparisons.

Don has already hit on a couple of factors in his answer like the quality of schools, the square footage of the living space i.e. finished basement and then land size and upgrades in the home. To add to these are the age of the home, exterior finishes such as brick verses other materials are at the top of the list too, the amenities near the home such as easy access to shopping, restaurants, parks, conveniences and these days you may even be asking "How far is the nearest gas station"?
Web Reference:  http://rmr-usa.com
Dan Connolly, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Well in the First Multiple Listing Service, there were 187 home sales in the last 12 months in 30345. The home sales prices have to do with a variety of factors. Oak Grove and Sagamore Hills elementary seem to command higher prices than some of the other school districts. A lot of the sales in the 200's were in the part of the zip code that is west of I-85. Those neighborhoods have smaller homes. But the size of the house, whether or not it has a finished lower level, big lot and upgraded kitchen and baths all contribute to the sales price.