Question removed

Asked by Patrick Williams, Sacramento, CA Tue Jul 23, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
I agreew with my colleagues. The Realtor who is telling you that youa are not getting good service is acting horribly unethical. Stick with what you have...escrow is a contrat - and lenders are tough with everyone these days.

If you are close to signing then you are past to contingency period and can't get out without breaching the contract....

Don't let a Realtor do what he or she is doing...inform them they are behaving unethically and discontinue that contact.

Good luck.
1 vote
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Agreed, someone trying to woo you by throwing your current agent under the bus is unethical and horrible--unfortunately, agents like this do exist and it hurts us all!

Sounds like you have some normal escrow pains, but also sounds like you are close to closing. Lenders are very thorough these days, and can take extra long and create great anxiety. Stick it out, as it sounds like it is moving forward, albeit slowly.

Also, this other agent is trying to buy your house?? If the other agent is already acting unethical (which in most of our opinions he/she is), then how do you think THAT escrow is gonna go???
Web Reference:  http://www.kyleeroe.com
0 votes
Keisha Mathe…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Am I understanding you correctly - you are in escrow selling a home and are waiting to purchase another. But because of the delays, challenges, and (very late and unethical) advice of an outside party/agent, you now want to cancel your buyer (with whom you are legally in contract of which you are bound to its terms) so that you can, according to a promise from this outside agent, close faster?

Is that correct?

If that is correct you need to first communicate this to your agent whom you hired to carry out the sale of your home. Revisit expectations and responsibilities. Give him/her an opportunity to address your concerns and frustrations.

If that doesn't work, have their broker intervene, & then the final course of action (due to your time constraints) would be a real estate attorney. Have them review your contract to see if/how you can close with the current buyer. Or if necessary, how to legally terminate the contract.

Hope that helps.
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more