Question removed

Asked by Amanda, 21210 Tue Aug 5, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Vanessa Igti…, Agent, Stockton, CA
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Are you looking to buy or rent? What price range? Have you tried searching craigslist.org to start? You can search rental space and real estate for sale - just click on east bay tab of bay area and search live work space. I know there are many in Alameda, Oakland, Emeryville areas. Try link below. Hope this helps, but if you need more help narrowing your search and choosing the best one for you in the time you need, contact me and I'll be more than happy to show you some =P.

Vanessa
510-695-3121
Vicky Faulk, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Jun 2, 2009
You did not say if you are interested in renting or purchasing. There are live/work properties listed for sale in Oakland. They range in price from roughly $200,000 to $500,000. Most are in the $300,000 to 400,000 range. They are located in West Oakland, near Jack London Square, and other semi-industrial areas.

Sometimes they list loft style condos as being live/work, when they are really just condos finished in that style, but are not zoned or set up for actual live/work, so research is sometimes needed.

I showed several units in a live/work building to a buyer yesterday at 1018 - 4th Avenue. It is a large brick building that was seismically retrofitted in 2002. About 45% of the building is owner occupied, 5 are vacant, and the rest are rentals.

There are a couple for sale at the 6-unit Filbert Court complex (2932 & 2928 Filbert), which was designed as a live/work space for artists.

There is an 11-unit complex on 26th at Adeline (1255 26th Street) that is set up for live/work. There is also a performance space and cafe on site.

There are several others for sale that are listed as live/work, but I am not 100% sure they are set up for it, so would need to check.

There are also 2 units available at the Basler Building in Emeryville on at 4053 Harlan Street. They are higher priced at $449,500 and $475,000. That is a large building with 52 units. Would need to check the live/work status, but I think they are.

If you are looking for a rental, sorry to waste your time reading all of that, but perhaps you could visit the buildings at those locations to look for For Rent signs. Or, as was already suggested, Craigslist is the best way to find rentals.