Question removed

Asked by Sandy, Newtown, PA Sat Jan 19, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Brian Luce, Agent, New Hope, PA
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Boats are not specifically addressed in the motor vehicle sections of the codes so you have to call the township to verify.

If it's in need of "repair", disabled , inoperable etc, they may enforce the same rules as an abandoned vehicle but if it's an operational, legally registered, and not posing a safety hazard it may be possible that it would be ok. Some areas don't allow boats and some have restrictions on size and where they can be stored etc. I'm not aware of the rule in Bristol Township.

Here are some of the current Bristol Township Codes: (I would call and make sure just to be safe). I grew up in Levittown, and many years ago a good friend had a "30 footer" (in Elderberry) and it was not a problem. However, that was 20 years ago and it could have changed since then. My Uncle also had a 25 footer (appx) and he was in Plumridge appx 30+ years ago.

Hope this helps.

http://ecode360.com/BR1318#BR1318

Brian Luce ABR, SRS
Weidel Realtors - Doylestown
215-348-5600
Thank you, I have seen this link last week, and today reviewed it again. There is nothing in it anywhere, stating an ordinace about parking a boat and camper on your own private property. Where I am currently living I am not permitted to keep anything here, thats why I am looking to move to Croydon. I guess I will just have to call the office and ask them personally, before I buy into the same situation i'm trying to escape from. Thanks again for your help. Sandy
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Jan 20, 2013
For an accurate answer check with you local buildings zoning department....