Question removed

Asked by Ac, Grants Pass, OR Mon Oct 29, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Well thumbs up to Cristian!. I was thinking more along the lines of career counselors or sites directly related to your field. Proves there are many talents spread throughout the real estate industry. For example, I know how to make a survival whistle from a blade of grass, lol

Amanda, I was in the mortgage industry for 30 years. It folded. hundreds of thpusands hit the streets looking for work and I can tell you, based on listening to mant friends andhead hunters that there are MANY jobs not requiring a degree---if you like gas station work, fats food, etc. There are mnany well qualified folks trying for jobs. They have lifetime experience but no degree. Look through all the jobs sites including workforce oregon, etc and you will see DEGREES are required even if they are in basket weaving. Its stupid but true. Do both. Try to get a job based on your current talent and attitude while also going to school. Some employers appreciate that you are currently involved in courses for that field. The benefits flow both ways. You will have on going job experience which could be used for credits and at the least will give you something to fill resume space.
Christian Fr…, Agent, Portland, OR
Mon Oct 29, 2012
I have a degree in Housing Design from Oregon State University and my first job out of college was at Arbor Custom Homes (1997-2000). I also interned with Neil Kelly Design Remodelers. I don't think a four year degree is an absolute must - but you would be on the higher side of the pay scale and may have a better chance at becoming a candidate with a four year degree. Not an absolute must. If you do decide, consider OSU's program. It's amazing and we have an active group of networking professionals in Portland who graduated from that department. Good luck!
Is there someone at OSU that you recommend I talk to about the design program?
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
Gary and Kar…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Nov 20, 2012
If you are motivated, talented and can prove your skills - do not give up ...

I am not sure of the liabilities *** However I am sure of the spirit of effort and honor.

If you want it bad enough - Go get it!
Web Reference:  http://www.garyyoungman.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Oct 30, 2012
There are no "jobs" in Oregon for designers without degrees and licenses - the liability is much too great.

Now, if you want to pursue a career as an Interior Decorator, then, well, there aren't any "jobs," but you could hire yourself out to clients.

I highlight "jobs" because the architecture and design sector of the economy is reeling from the crash in real estate values, and accomplished licensed architects with major firms are competing to do kitchen and bathroom remodels.

http://www.idc-oregon.org/faqs.html
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Please excuse my many typing errors---I have arthritis in some of my fingers and was in a hurry. Had to come back and laugh about one mistake---FATS FOOD instead of FAST FOOD, lol Freudian?
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Mon Oct 29, 2012
I think you are in wrong site to ask this question. Im not sure where you would want to ask this---good luck though.
It was actually a perfect question for me to answer! Small world.
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012