Question removed

Asked by Marc, Denver, CO Thu Jun 19, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

4
Robyn Kimura…, Agent, Mercer Island, WA
Thu Jun 19, 2008
If you would like an area that is walkable, high energy, and close to restuarants, bars and athletic clubs, then close-in NW is probably a spot where you would feel more at home. NW 23rd area, Nob Hill and the Pearl district are filled with condos and lofts. In addition, there are many rental options--try the Wyatt. As a Relocation Specialist, I would be more than happy to give you a neighborhood tour or send you links to resources that fit your needs. Good luck.
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Jun 20, 2008
Maro, the newest area in town is the Pearl east of 13th or the 405 freeway to the river and the rents are about $2.30 a sq ft in the condo towers. Most have single car parking also depends what your buget is? If you go up above NW 14th to 26 there are smaller 2-5 story apt building for rent some units in houses and most are older but some are converted apt units, most have no garages. The number one thing you need when you are living downtown is a garage to protect your car from breakins. Great area but go look athttp:// http://www.portlandmaps.com and look up crime statistics and you will see. There are many new condos converting also to high end rental so you will have allot to choose from. Close in the housing is going up even with the slump in the condo market values are up probably 3-5% this year. Any neighborhood close in is showing no down turn in pricing. If you bought instead of rent for a year you could save $10,000-$20,000 that could go towards the purchase price of something. Rates are down 1% from last summer and if you look at rates alone you might be able to buy $20,000 more house in the $200,000 range if rates stay the same or if they go up about $20,00 less house next year plus the down payment. Our vaules close in are not going down except in the condo market and some buildings are holding there own. It is pretty easy to get around Portland and we don't have the space like Denver has. Biking is big and 10,000 riders a day commute over the bridges to town from close in SE. The westside is ok for biking if you stay with in 2 miles of town north or south since there is a large 1,000 ft hill to go over or around when leaving Porltand to the west. We have great transportation downtown and to the suburbs. You can go to Craigs list and find apts for rent. My office mate has a new condo for rent in a great tower a one bedroom for I think $1800 per month. Let me know how I can assist you? You will love Porltand but if you like thunder storms we really don't get them except for a few in April or May. Give me a call.

Tom Inglesby, Broker
ABR,CRS,CLHMS
RE/MAX Equity Group Inc
503-495-5416
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Thu Jun 19, 2008
I would move out by Nike or into the Bethany area.

These areas have better access to parks and athletic facilities but are more suburban. If you are an urban guy go Northwest Portland.

If you are into nature ad the burbs are ok move into the Hills west of portland. The Taxes are much lower and you have access to unlimited bike paths, athletic clubs, and 5,000 plus acre Forest Park with awesome trails and bike riding areas as well.

I like the Pearl...don't get me wrong. Just a little too urban for many people....pricy too.

Dirk Knudsen
#1 rated Re\Max Team in Oregon
Web Reference:  http://www.nwhomecenter.com
Sara Lewis, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Well certainly you are probably going to be interested in The Pearl District The Pearl has fabulous restaurants, great shopping and is really "the scene" in downtown Portland. The Luisa in the Pearl is a beautiful apartment building that might be just what you are looking for...let me know if I can help in anyway (addresses, other ideas etc)...good luck!

Sara Lewis
Broker
Coldwell Banker Barbara Sue Seal Properties
saralewis@cbseal.com
http://www.saralewishomes.com