Question removed

Asked by Caitlin Crawford, Washington, DC Mon Aug 31, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Hi Caitlin, you should really check with the local police and sheriffs departments for Meridian Hill Park/University Heights for this data. They will have the most accurate information. A realtor can't really give you a fully "legal" opinion on this issue for a variety of reasons related to real estate laws and professional liability.
Vincent A. S…, , 20015
Fri Sep 18, 2009
I was born and raised in this area and still live in DC. Meridian Hill Park has been a dangerous place since the mid 40s when my parents lived in the area. There has always been talk about the neighborhood improving and it has. But the fact remains that crime, especially violent crime is common. Given its history present crime levels in the area, I wouldn't buy in this area.
Caitlin Burn…, Home Buyer, Washington, DC
Tue Sep 8, 2009
Washington Post's crime map might also be useful - http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/local-explorer/map?…

Tue Sep 8, 2009
I've lived in the area for years and hope to buy there in the coming months. As a young woman, I tend to try to be with someone else while I'm out walking at night, not for fear of crime, but to avoid being harassed by men - yelled at, propositioned, etc. The level of safety in the neighborhood is similar to many areas of NW DC - be aware of your surroundings and bring a buddy when you can. It has continually improved over the years, and I'm sure it will continue to get safer as time goes on.
Saab Realtors, , Vienna, VA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Agents cannot answer this qs.
Please check with the closest police station on crime reports.