Question removed

Asked by Francesca Patrizio, Monmouth Cty NJ Fri Nov 23, 2007

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

3
Joe Spake, , Memphis, TN
Fri Nov 23, 2007
My company has a similar arrangement, but we do get credit to base. I no longer accept these leads, but there seem to be plenty of agents who do. I am not that hungry.
Lorie Gould, Agent, Duluth, GA
Fri Nov 23, 2007
Francesca, I use to be with a locally owned and operate company here and they did the same thing. Actually they still do the same thing. It did not make sense to me because I am the one working hard bringing in the buyers and listings to be charged for the leads that come from business. About 7 years ago I started looking into other companies. One that was new to my area caught my eye because it was the company that was paid the least per year and there is a cap to the amount so I could earn 100% plus the monthly fees were extremely low too. What I was most attracted to is their belief that my listings equal my leads. All calls for from my business comes to me. My leads do not get distributes to other agents within the office. No other company could promise that. I have now been with this company for 6 years and know that it is still the best national and international company for agents. I always keep my eyes open. I am typically at 100% for 5 months each year and a 90/10 for the other 7 months. When I did the math at my old company I was paying them $100,000 a year when I only pay my new company $18,000 (it is $25,000 in some states). Additionally, my company shares a portion of their profits back to the agents that have helped grow the company. I have made an additional $6000 this year in profit sharing... the amount grows each year. There are many agents that are in the 100% club which means they profit share more than they pay in. Look forward to that one day.

Some agents stay at these companies that take so much of your money because they do not bring in their own business but rather take the relo's from the company. For agents who get their own business which it sounds like you do you need to find a company where the name is still reputable and you keep more of your commission. If my company is in your area I would be more than happy to talk more with you. I had one of the smoothest transitions and my business did not skip a beat because I took a few weeks to set up the perfect departure.

Best of Luck!
Lorie
Lorie@HomesByLorie.com
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Fri Nov 23, 2007
I'm not sure I understand.....they take 35% off the top of a buyer lead that comes in? That does seem extreme.....more details please!
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com