refi in 2000 on1st n 2nd with builder try to modifi loan title search shows 2nd still being owed lost my hud 1 what can i do clear up without lawyer?

Asked by house36bm, Lithonia, GA Thu Apr 25, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Good afternoon, house36:
Go back to the refi attorney and get them to correct things. If you don't recall their name, go back to the lender/loan officer who did the refi. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
0 votes
Kathleen Tur…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Your best bet is to get the attorney that closed the refi to clear this up for you. They should have cancelled the note when they sent the payoff to the lender. You paid the attorney for this work! If you don't remember who closed your refi, you will need to go through the lender to get proof that the loan was indeed paid. This may take some time, though, as the loan was closed 13 years ago. At the end of the day, you will find that having an attorney help you will save you a ton of time and stress. Good luck!
0 votes
Julie Wirth, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Apr 25, 2013
If you know who the lender was on the 2nd, you can go back to them to ge a paid reciept for the loan. You would then need to go to the court house to cancel the lien with the documents. If you remember who the attorney was for your refi, that may help you. I should have been their responsibility to cancel the note when they paid the lender their money. Happens a lot unfortunately.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more