interested in Wilmington area coming from out of town what is a good location to look in close to city and beach single family homes?

Asked by Gina, Wilmington, NC Tue Sep 20, 2011

Answers

9
Pam Meadows, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Tue Sep 20, 2011
Hey! Our group has a website that features over 200 neighborhoods in the area. They are marked on a map so you can see how close they are to beaches and to the downtown area. Take a look and let us know if we can help!
Jessica Schr…, , Wilmington, NC
Sat Nov 5, 2011
Hi Gina. I hope that you are having a great day.

I think that you have picked a great place to consider living...Wilmington is a fabulous place with so much to do and so many different and distinct areas to live. I do tours for candidates for our hospital as well as my out of town clients which highlights different areas of town and would be happy to do the same for you when you come to visit. I can also pinpoint some areas and show you examples of different homes in those areas once we chat and I have a better idea of what you are searching for.

Call or email anytime!
Jessica Schreiber, Broker/Realtor
Century 21 Sweyer and associates
910.777.1425
Jschreiber@century21sweyer.com
Bobby Jean H…, , Wilmington, NC
Fri Nov 4, 2011
I am a native of Wilmington....we have it all! Since Wilmington is surrounded by water...you can be at the beach or river in like 15 to 20 minutes in most locations! We have a historic district which is located on the Cape Fear River, Wrightsville, Carolina and Kure Beaches where you can be ocean front, Ft Fisther which also has ocean front accessibility...and areas in between which is where the 15-20 minute rule applies. Main factor to remember the closer you get to the water...usually the higher the price...so based on what price range you are wanting to stay in will be the deciding factor on how close you can be near the beach. Please let me know if you need anything else! Thank you!
El Brant, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Just wanted to give you a heads up. Wilmington (NC) has so much to offer, it would be wrong to recommend this neighborhood, or that one... I think the best way to approach this might be to take some time to analyze what is most important to your lifestyle. Do you want to walk to the beach, ride your bike to it, or would a quick drive be close enough? Do you want an urban or suburb location? Narrowing down your must haves and want to have lists can make the entire process much easier. Other concerns include things like: when will you be ready to move? Are you comparing Wilmington to other areas,are you 'just looking', or do you have a deadline that you are working with?
Meanwhile, you can get lots of information about the area online at: http://www.capefearcoast.com/
Good luck to you (I hope you enjoy your visit!),
El

El Brant, Broker/REALTOR®
Wilkinson & Associates
Wilmington, NC
910.264.6515
Web Reference:  http://realtor.elbrant.net
Margie Casey, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Hi Gina,

Wilmington NC is a popular area in the coastal region of North Carolina. The question is do you want to be directly in downtown or the surrounding area? Here are two helpful links, one about Wilmington and one about Southport, an area just to the south which may be worth considering because of the quick beach access on Holden Beach.

Holden Beach is a popular vacation spot but there are affordable homes just across the bridge depending on your budget. In Wilmington near Carolina Beach, we recommend the gated golf community Landfall. Landfall Country Club has been scored on our website.

Wilmington NC Area Information: http://realestatescorecard.com/area-information-towns-cities… NC Area Information: http://realestatescorecard.com/area-information-towns-cities…

A member of our team lives in Wilmington and is an expert for the area. If you would like more info, send us your 'wish list' and we will quickly send you a list of matching single family homes worth taking a look. We're happy to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck with your search!
Margie Casey
Founder
Mike Malina, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Sep 21, 2011
There is a neighborhood website that has aerial and satellite photos that show distance to beaches and downtown. This way you can see how far you are. Plus you get pictures of amenities, architecture and street views. Homes available and price ranges are included. No registration needed.
Erin Gora, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Sep 21, 2011
The Wilmington has lots to offer. You might be surprised at what you can get for your dollar here. No matter where you are in town, you're never very far from one of our area beaches. I offer "quality of life tours" of the area. This is a no pressure, no hassle drive around town to orient new comers to area attractions, resources and neighborhoods. It has has been helpful to people like yourself who want to see the area before they make a decision to relocate here. I'd be happy to give you a tour too if you'd like. We can talk about your real estate goals and how to achieve them while we drive. Give me a call at (910) 231-4540, or email me at egora@intracoastalrealty.com to set up a mutually convenient time if you're interested.

Best of luck

Erin Goar
Bea Desmond, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Tue Sep 20, 2011
Hi Gina,

Welcome to Wilmington!
Wilmington has countless number of great single family neighborhoods. Can you give me some idea if you will be commuting to work and if so, what part of Wilmington. This will help give you some options.

Please take a look at our Intracoastal website. There is a wealth of information about the local area. Click on "Area Info" and scroll to New Hanover County. This is where you will find information about the specific areas within New Hanover County including Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Fort Fisher and Wrightsville Beach.

http://www.intracoastalrealty.com/intracoastal-content/real-…

Feel free to email me directly at bdesmond@intracoastalrealty.com or call me at 910-508-0793 to discuss. I'd be happy to show you around different areas and neighborhoods.

Bea Desmond
Broker/REALTOR
Intracoastal Realty Corporation
910-508-0793
BDesmond@IntracoastalRealty.com
Tammy Sanders, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Tue Sep 20, 2011
Hi Gina,
You looking for sales or rentals? Either way, I can help you! Answers a few questions and I'll know how to help you find your new home. Give me a call.
Tammy Sanders
910-793-2776
Coastal Realty & Management Company.