General Area in Wayne>Question Details

Mookie, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

i would like to know what area in new jersey is good to purchase a single family home that is about an hour commute to jamaica queens new york?

Asked by Mookie, New York, NY Sun Mar 21, 2010

It all depends on what type of neighborhood you are looking for and your price range. If you want quiet, more suburban areas with train access I recommend Ridgewood, Glen Rock or Fair Lawn. If you want more of a city, I would suggest Hoboken, Jersey City, Bloomfield, East Rutherford, etc. I am happy to send you listings to review. I can be reached on my email at or cell phone 973-610-2526. Thank you and good luck!!
Also keep in mind Union City, North Bergen, Kearny, Harrison, and Bayonne. If you are looking for a less urban area you might also look at Lyndhurst, North Arlington, Belleville, and Bloomfield.
Hi Mookie,

If your commute will be public transportation or driving, the Hudson county area which comprises Jersey City, Weehawken and Hoboken have quick access via Path train, buses and tunnel access via automobile.

If you are in need of an agent that specializes in this area of New Jersey, I would be happy to assist you.

Marsha B. Washington
Realtor/.Real Estate Consultant
SFR - Short Sale/Foreclosure Resource
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage