i will be moving to Baltimore and I am looking for a safe neighborhood to start a family.Does anyone know a certain part of town or neighborhood?

Asked by Lamara hernandez, Thu Nov 28, 2013

Answers

8
stonelover55, Home Buyer, Baltimore, MD
Thu Dec 5, 2013
There is no good way to evaluate an area from afar; you really need to get the feel of an area by spending time there. CHECK OUT THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Seriously. This will answer many of your questions about safety, neighborhood people, the condition of the infrastructure that the tax portion of your mortgage payment must support. Also, talk to police and fire fighters and EMT's. They will tell you the truth. There are some professionals that cannot lawfully give you the real scoop, but public safety personnel are not constrained this way. There are some o.k. areas of Baltimore City, but you must be very, very careful. I'd take the same care with evaluating the suburbs as well.
Shawn K, Agent, Bel Air, MD
Sat Nov 30, 2013
Thank you. You can email me at skerr.exit@gmail.com
Karen Flemin…, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Hi Lamara,
I live and work in Locust Point. Locust Point is always rated the safest neighborhood in Baltimore and one of the safest in the country. Call me I have closing costs credits available too. Karen Chapman 443-857-0834.
Freeazabird31, Home Buyer, Baltimore, MD
Sun Dec 29, 2013
There are many nice neighborhoods in the northern part of the city. Without knowing your budget I would recommend Cedardroft or Lake Walker. Both are near the city/county border. So you will have access to city and suburban amenities. They are both relatively safe and very family friendly. There's a blog I follow about that part of the city which you may find helpful http://bmorebungalow.blogspot.com/
Andrew Duvall, Agent, Ellicott City, MD
Sun Dec 8, 2013
Well according to the Baltimore Guide, Locust Point, Fells Point and Canton are considered some of the safer neighborhoods in Baltimore City. But I think that this question can be answered in many different ways, some may think other areas are safer than others. I would recommend checking out the Baltimore City crime report for the different areas and making a decision based off that.
Lamara herna…, Renter,
Sat Nov 30, 2013
I am looking to purchase. Soes not mattee city if possible. Will take suburb. Whats your email?
Shawn K, Agent, Bel Air, MD
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Good morning,

Baltimore has plenty of nice neighborhoods both in and around the city. Are you looking to rent or purchase? Are you looking to live in the city or in the suburbs surrounding the city? I can help you with your search but would need more information. You can feel free to contact me by email, text or phone call and I would be happy to help.

Joppa MD Real Estate- Shawn Kerr, REALTOR with EXiT Preferred Realty in Bel Air, MD. My goal is to provide superb service in order to meet all of your real estate needs. I am a true professional who will do what is necessary to make that a reality. Feel free to contact me directly at (443) 686-9750.
If you are looking for a safe neighborhood to raise a family, I would stay away from anything within city limits(including caton, fells point, or anywhere else). As far a Baltimore county (suburbs) goes, there are a few good neighborhoods like Timonium/Lutherville or anything north of there along I83. Also areas like white marsh, perry hall, or Nottingham. I would stay away from areas like Essex, dundalk, landesdown, woodlawn or milford mill.
Flag Sat Dec 14, 2013
John Reeves, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Nov 29, 2013
You want to rent or buy a property?

In case that you are looking to rent, try these:

http://www.apartments.com/Maryland/Baltimore?resp=true#cXbGP…

http://www.zillow.com/baltimore-md/rent/