i have been advised that the desireable east side is a good place to buy, true?

Asked by Gregory Stephenson, Outside U.S. Sun May 13, 2012

Answers

10
, ,
Tue Jun 17, 2014
Hi Gregory,

I may be a bit late to chime in however, I have lived in Tucson for almost 19 years now and have always lived towards the Northwest side of town. I will tell you that as of now the East side is not quite as busy as the rest of Tucson but with some of the expansions that will be taking place in the next 5-10 years, I believe it may be worse. There are a lot of new "projects" coming to Pima County and a large portion of them will take place on the East side of town. There are some very lucrative business looking to make a presence in our little town.

Below is a link to Pima County Economic Development Plan 2012-2014:
http://www.pima.gov/administration/documents/pdfs/PC_ED_Acti…

And this link is for a video created by the Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAk1Xc8Q0QI

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Lisa Markham
Envoy Mortgage, Ltd.
NMLS# 947738 / AZ# 0921717
(O) 520.612.0480
(M)520.240.9602
lmarkham@envoymortgage.com
https://lmarkham-envoy.mortgagewebcenter.com
Morgan Hodges, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Jun 13, 2014
Hi Gregory!

That is absolutely correct - for many buyers. However, whether a neighborhood is "desirable" or not is truly in the eye of the beholder - it depends on who's doing the buying! You're going to want to have a sit-down with a licensed real estate agent that has lived, worked, and played in the area for a very long time, if not his/her whole life. Talk to him/her about your wants, needs, and desires in the place you choose to live, and he/she should be able to guide you through which area is just perfect for you.

Best of luck!
Ric Mills, Agent, Oro Valley, AZ
Fri Apr 12, 2013
The East side is a great area but it will depend on what you are looking for and where you work and play. There are a lot of desireable areas around Tucson. Talk to Your Realtor and see what the drive is to work and other things that are important to you. It is still Location, Location, Location.
looker, Home Buyer, Tucson, AZ
Sat Dec 1, 2012
I live on the eas side and LOVE IT!!! There are great neighborhoods, and nice shopping developments coming up. It is a great choice and good deal for the money.
Mike Morgan, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Thu May 17, 2012
There are a lot of great neighborhoods in Tucson. It depends on what is important to you. If you like. I can help you narrow down the answer and get you the right house for you.

Let me know how I can help.

Mike Morgan

houseswithmike@kw.com
Richard Flor…, Home Buyer, Warren, OH
Wed May 16, 2012
Interesting, seems as if Bryan Welch is the only R.E. person who answered the question. I agree, the East Side is a nice location. I lived on the East Side and am currently looking for a nice condo on the East Side area.
Bryan Welch, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon May 14, 2012
Living anywhere in Tucson is a good place to live. I personally live on the East side because I find it a bit less congested and when I drive out in the mornings the sun is at my back and the same is true on the way home in the afternoons. Close access to Old Spanish is also great, as I bike on the weekends out to Vail. For more life style insight please feel free to call or contact me. I always answer my phone at 520-401-3625.
Thank You,
Bryan
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun May 13, 2012
Sounds like you are outside of the state of Arizona? What are you looking for in a property? Is this for you, to rent, an investment? There are many, many factors when choosing a house and I wouldn't use what other people say to meet my criteria. I imagine you have a favorite color? You would not have someone else tell you what your favorite color is, right? Work with a local Realtor, go over your search criteria & they will present you a list of properties to view and choose from.

Are you going to be visiting Tucson? That would be best, drive around, see the different sections of town. First thing I would send you is the buyers advisory, which contains a wealth of knowledge, including live links for items like current crime rates.

If you are not working with a local Realtor, I urge you to interview a couple and pick one to work with. I have helped many buyers out of state, and out of country find the right house for them.

Best of luck.
Spirit
Eddie Holmes, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun May 13, 2012
There are many areas of Tucson that are desirable. I have lived on the East side, North, West and now Northwest side and there are great neighborhoods in each. It really depends on what you find is desirable, home prices, school systems, close to culture areas, etc. I will be glad to give you a consultation, just give a call or email. Thanks

Eddie Holmes
520-661-5340
edholmes@live.com
Sam Zobrest, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun May 13, 2012
It all depends what you are looking for. There are several great areas in Tucson. Give me a call and we can discuss your needs and what area of town would be a good place for you to buy.

Sam Zobrest
Owner/ Broker
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032