Nicki, Other/Just Looking in Ewing, NJ

i have a rental property (condo) in ewing nj, what is the going rate to get an agent to list it on mls?

Asked by Nicki, Ewing, NJ Sat May 31, 2008

Answers

3
Wayne Zelenak…, Agent, Lawrenceville, GA
Thu Jun 19, 2008
Hi Nicki,
The standard rate for renting a property is one month rent. The brokers collect the security deposit, complete a credit check, and prepare a lease agreement for you. Usually the rent is for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 years. You would want to renew your lease agreement after that time. Your home will be advertised in the MLS. I provide inside and outside photos for my clients. Call me if you have questions. My number is 609-658-8230. I live in Ewing and know the area.
Web Reference:  http://www.WayneZelenak.com
Wayne F. Smi…, Agent, Hillsborough, NJ
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Nicki,

I agree that most agents will look towards a 1 month rental fee as the full commission amount. This is split between the landlord and tenant agents. This amount includes the MLS listing, but more important to you is the fiduciary responsibility that the listing agent as your agent. The agent should make sure that you get the necessary credit report, occupancy inspections, etc. versus solely posting on the MLS. Agents also have access to many other internet sites for marketing of your rental in addition to the MLS.
Charles Auer, Agent, Princeton, NJ
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Most agents will list for one months rent as the compensation. This is divided between the landlords agent and the tenants agent.