General Area in Garden Grove>Question Details

Mimi, Other/Just Looking in Garden Grove, CA

i am living in a condo under another unit. the upstairs unit had water leakage going on for a longtime

Asked by Mimi, Garden Grove, CA Tue Jun 2, 2009

created mold on my ceiling. Who is responsible to check the space between the ceiling an to repair it?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Mimi,

All condominium developments - and apartments - have an association who needs to be notified of such a problem - immediately. They usually have their own companies for such work, so, don't spend money getting your own inspector or workers, when the association might not reimburse you for those costs.

To add insult to injury they might even rip out work that you contracted for, to redo with their own people.

Call the association - immediately. Good luck in solving your situation.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 2, 2009
Hi Mimi,

Ohhhh mold is not good! Hopefully it's not toxic, but you need to get an inspection right away to find out. They will take samples. If this is caused by the upstairs condo, they are responsible to make the repair. Mold remediation can be very expensive, so don't let this go much longer...not to mention the toll it can take on your health.

Good luck...I would call suggest that you use Jack Clausen at he is a mold expert and reasonable for inspections.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 2, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer