how much notice does my landlord need to give me if she is not extending my lease for another year. I live in

Asked by Maria Develice, Wisconsin Tue May 13, 2008

How much notice does my landlord need to give me if she is not extending another years lease to me? My lease is up at the end of May.

Answers

3
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue May 13, 2008
Check your lease and see if there's a provision for landlord notice to tenant. You might also check with your local (city or county) consumer protection office to determine what regulations, if any, apply.

I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. But--check your lease. Many leases (but not all) revert to month-to-month upon expiration. There should be some sort of notice provisions in the lease. So you may find something in there about what occurs at the end of the lease (month-to-month, for instance). If there isn't anything, then you should check to see what local statutes provide.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat May 18, 2013
If you want to extend your lease; you normally need to take the initiative:
The new lease would lock-in your monthly payment, which could be a good thing. But it will also lock you in for another year.
blowfish, Home Buyer, Milwaukee, WI
Sat May 18, 2013
Sounds like you aren't the brightest bulb.