how much does it cost to add my wife to my house deed?

Asked by Gin, 22201 Wed Jan 18, 2012

in harrisburg pa

Answers

7
jmosiersr, , Woodbridge, VA
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Nothing.... do it yourself. Go to the Clerk of the Court. Ask what their requirements are and what paperwork you need.
I was told, I had to go to the Tax Assessor's office and get their paperwork, then go to the Probate offc at the County court house, they charge $1.00 for ever thousand based on the paperwork from the Tax Assessor's plus for how many pages of the Deed you have.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Fri Jan 27, 2012
I'd suggest going back to the settlement company who did the closing. They should give you a pretty good deal!
Sheila Lande…, Renter, Yelm, WA
Thu Sep 22, 2016
How much does it cost to have my name put on a deed to a house that my Dad left me?
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Very little, as the others have said.

However . . . make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. If you're dealing with estate planning or inheritance issues, please check with a lawyer on whether that's the best approach. (It might be, but those issues can get complicated.) So, it's simple and inexpensive to add your wife to the deed. But it might not be the best strategy.

J. Mughal, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jan 18, 2012
It is not that expensive you can have an attorney do it for you alternatively look for a title company that may have an attorney. However, in Florida an attorney may not be a requirement for this.

You can call me and I'll be happy to share my title company's info and may be they can help you get what you want while you don't end up spending arm and a leg.

http://www.FidelityNationalRealty.com
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Wed Jan 18, 2012
That should be quite cheap - as far as these things go. It will be your attorney fee plus filing fees, which may depend upon the number of pages in the deed.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Keep in mind that each attorney sets his/her own fees, therefore shop around....