how much can you make a year doing realty and how is it done? im young and want to learn how to to this. ? help ?

Asked by alexiusburr, Lafayette, LA Thu Feb 20, 2014

Answers

6
Dan Tabit’s answer
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Feb 20, 2014
Alexiusbur,
Real Estate is a field where 80% to 90% of the business and income are made by 20% to 10% of the licensed participants. It's a great field with to cap on the earning potential, but don't get caught up in the hype. Last I checked the average agent did very few deals per year and did not earn enough to live on.
If you want to be part of this industry, you need to learn a number of things to be successful. The more you know and understand business, psychology, marketing, journalism, construction and networking the better chance you have to be successful. Liking houses isn't helpful. I help people solve problems that are related to housing, but also are related to self esteem and self image, changing family dynamics, income and job related changes. To do this I must be able to write and communicate well, understand how and where to connect with people so I can learn of their issues and offer my services.
Since you say you are "young" and that is a relative term for us, my advice is to do well in school. Go to college and study a passion that may both be an alternative field of employment for before or after real estate, cultivate friends and hobbies and be an interesting person. If you are interesting and involved with others, you'll always find clients.
Joy Cobert, Agent, Lafayette, LA
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Real Estate will be what you make of it. You can earn a great living and be your own boss, but you need to be driven and focused or have the desire to learn to be. No one will tell you what to do each day, that will be up to you. You also need to be a people person. The way you grow your business is by getting out and meeting people. The more people who know you and see how great you are the more you will attract business. There is a large number of people who don't make it in real estate but if you are a determined person than that is all it will take. I work for Keller Williams and we are a company that offers tremendous training. The company will give you all that you need to know and then it will be up to you to turn it into an amazing career. If you should choose real estate and if Keller Williams is where you should choose to place your license just know that you will have enormous support in our office. We all work together to help new agents get on their feet and encourage you to make the most of it. Good luck in whatever you choose and if you ever have any questions feel free to give me a call. Joy 337-356-2656
Wesley Hebert, Agent, Lafayette, LA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
I'm an associate broker at Keller Williams. One of our company's specialties are new Realtors. If you're truly interested in making a career in the real estate industry, give me a shout. I'd be happy to get you set up. It can be a great thing if you treat it like a normal job. It takes diligence and a strong desire to succeed. We'd love to help you get started. Have a great week buddy!
Matthew Mars…, Agent, Carencro, LA
Thu Feb 20, 2014
It all depends on how hard you are willing to work. The possibilities are boundless. Call me and I will set you up with a meeting with one of our experts in my office. 337 781 5256.
Flag • A moment ago
Shelly Pouss…, , Lafayette, LA
Thu Feb 20, 2014
Call me, I can help answer some of these questions. 337-277-6806. ~ Shelly Pousson
Flag Thu Feb 20, 2014
Sandy Thibod…, Agent, Lafayette, LA
Thu Feb 20, 2014
You can make as much as you want the harder you work the more you make. First you have to go to real estate school, when you complete school you have to complete an exam to get your license, once you pass your exam, interview real estate companies, find a company you would like to work for, get your license you get started. To start in the business I would suggest you have enough money saved in the bank to live on for at least 8 months without getting a paycheck. Also be able to spend at least $400 month on promoting yourself and license fees to start in the business. Realtors are self employed. You have to earn your paycheck no salary.
Good Luck