arfar, Home Buyer in Saranac Lake, NY

how long does it take to get real estate licence ?

Asked by arfar, Saranac Lake, NY Sun Feb 5, 2012

Answers

9
Brian Kim, Agent, Edgewater, NJ
Tue Feb 7, 2012
They need to make it harder to get licensed in every state. 75 hours and an elementary exam later........a person gets to handle a clients most valuable asset....scary.....
Jerry Barker, Agent, Atlantic City, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
If you take the full time day course it should only take two weeks. But it can take a lifetime to perfect the art.
Web Reference:  http://www.sjrates.com
That was the most prickish answer I've ever heard.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
All mentioned below, then about $1000 in fees annually. Even of you are thinking of getting your license just to buy a home to save commission.
., , Tennessee Town, Topeka, KS
Sun Feb 5, 2012
About two weeks or 75 hours in NYC if your doing it full time 9-4 m-f
Wayne Odenbr…, Agent, Mountain Lakes, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Before you take the course, let me ask you a question.
Did you say to yourself, "I think I will try Real Estate",
Or are you thinking, "I want to be in Real Estate Sales full time and believe I will be a great Realtor"

If you just wanted to try it, dont waste the time and money.
If you think you will be great at it and are prepared to work at it full time, then the class and licensing process will be easy for you.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
ps.......by the way............ real estate schools have flexible programs depending on your needs....they have "crash courses" that can be completed in a matter of weeks.......or, if you already have a full time job, there are other programs that can spread it out to allow for evening or weekend classes., which may then take months to complete. It can depend on what schedule works best for your needs.

best wishes!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
arfar, if you are asking about becoming a licensed real estate agent in New Jersey, here is the link to the NJ site - Dept. of Banking and Insurance - which handles real estate licensing.

http://www.state.nj.us/dobi/division_rec/licensing/reclic_menu.htm

to sum it up, you need the following:
1 be 18 yrs of age
2. complete 75 hrs of training at a state licensed/accredited RE school
3. Pass a state test
4. Once you pass the state test, you may apply for your license through a sponsoring Broker

Kimberly "KI…, Agent, Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Sun Feb 5, 2012
There are 12 week courses a few nights a week and 10 day 8 hour day courses you can attend pass then take the state exam. Literally be licensed in 1 month. My son took the 75 hour class in Late August then took his exam in September of the same year and is now licensed! Search for local classes in your area or speak to a local broker for direction. Good LUCK!
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Successful completion of the 75-hour prelicensing course that has been approved by the Department of State, passing the state's licensing examination, and obtaining a sponsoring broker.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com