how does one locate mineral rights by the owners name in wyoming?

Asked by Signboy, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Nov 15, 2011

elda v melburg died on april17,1997 in oklahoma city ok......her eldest daughter was never consulted or privy to any information about the holdings her mother had in mineral rights in glenrock, wyoming. but now she is being harrassed by her relative to sign over these rights. She has no idea what the value of the leases are but offers of 25000 dollars have been made can she find out the truth about these mineral rights and stop the family from cheating her more than they already have. she has never recieved a dime from her mothers estate.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sandra Daws…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Mineral rights searches generally range in price from $185 – $700, depending on how far back the search is requested. You can order a mineral rights title search for residential properties using the form on the link below:…

Or if you just want to learn more about it you can follow this link and read the material provided.…
0 votes
Brian Edwards, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Nov 15, 2011
You can contact a company near that area that deals in oil and gas minerals and mineral leasing and they can assist you with finding out the true amount of mineral acres owned. There is a fee for that. Also, an oil and gas attorney in that area can help you. If you don't want to pay, you can go to that County's County Clerk's office and look up the records yourself; however, it can be confusing. You would need to know the legal description of the land in order to look it up. The owner is not obligated to ever sell their mineral rights if they choose not to. Depending on Wyoming laws, if she didn't leave a Last Will and Testament, the actual ownership of these minerals may be owned by several people. This is called the Laws of Intestacy and they can be looked up online. If she left a Will or had a Probate of her Estate, the 'rest and residue' clause should clarify who owns this interest if the mineral interest is not spelled out in the document. This information is best-attained through an attorney dealing with Estates and/or oil and gas law. I hope this helps.

Brian Edwards
0 votes
UB Home Team, Agent, Norman, OK
Tue Nov 15, 2011
This appears to be an OK/WY attorney question, and/or a question for Realtor(s) in the WY area, where the subject land is located. If you need assistance finding someone in that area, please contact me via the website below.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more