General Area in 66109>Question Details

Bubcole9, Renter in Olathe, KS

how do I go about putting a mechanics lean on a house that ive done around $20,000.00 worth of work to the house it is my uncles house and he told me

Asked by Bubcole9, Olathe, KS Fri Jun 22, 2012

to do this work cause he was going to give me the house .then he past away now his family are being gold diggers.they had nothing to do with him I took care of him his first 2 heart attacks then his wife past so then his kids figure they are going to just take over the house.please help me im upset about the sit. cant I drow a wrench in there feascal. you can reach me 913 829-0453 or 913-782-1982 my name is bub cole the house is I believe 8128 longwood ks city ks.may be 8028 66109

Help the community by answering this question:


Roland Vinyard’s answer
You are going to need an attorney. Just to place a lien, you'll need a "deficiency judgement". Normally, your uncle just telling you he was going to leave it to you is not sufficient to inherit. It needs to be in a will, properly drawn up and executed. Without a proper will, property usually goes to the next of kin and what you have done for the family will be ignored in the legal process. Have you discussed your concerns with your cousins (in a friendly way)?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
I agree with Dan ..... to delete this post ..

Unfortunately, It's not a real estate question.. its a legal question and the people who.are answering questions on this site are not licensed attorneys and cannot answer legal questions

You can call down to the wyandotte county courthouse or an attorney and they can help advise you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
First, I would delete this post, in case the family happens across it. Next, time with an attorney would be well spent. It's not uncommon to get a free initial consultation to explain your situation and get their perspective. They could then advise you as to either the process of filing the lien or alternative solutions you may have available to you.
Get to an attorney's office as soon as possible, in these situations time is critical.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer