homes in Linden Estates,West Greenwich,RI

Asked by Marnie Luckett, Orlando, FL Wed Jan 7, 2009

need info please-does anyone have any info on -who was the builder,history of leaks mold building issues?1 on Kings Daughters had mold in basement did any others have this problem?any history on the builder(s) feedback on the home quality-any info would help thanks!

Answers

3
IamREassocia…, , 02889
Sun Oct 27, 2013
Lots of history...mostly bad.... in Linden Estates. There were about 4 home builders in this development. All but one did really bad work. Only builder that did a decent job was named Richie something or other.

Most of the original homeowners were from out of state and the builders knew this. All of the homes were not built correctly. NO gravel was laid under the foundations therefore all basements flooded with ground water. The original homeowners had to go with a company called Boston Basements to come in and jack hammer the basements and correct the problem. Needless to say lots of mold in basements early on.

One of the builders...Pellatier...very devious and dishonest!!!. He did not pay any of his sub contractors in the 3 homes he built...and stole downpayment money from the realtly company.....he filed for bankruptcy and went back into business after that in his wife's name. The contractors board did nothing to him.

In one of his homes...7 Kings Daughters Ct......the air conditioner compressor was never wired to the house.....holes in the "new" roof....back deck never cemented into ground.....and many other major problems caught by the original home owner who had to correct problems out of pocket.
All of this because he did not pay his sub contractors...all this was confirmed after the closing when the homeowner contacted the subs.

A lot of illegal stuff between the developer (Smokey) and the town......

Another thing that was noticed....right before closings everyone would notice water trucks come into the development. They would fill up the wells to the top with water.....the buyers would have their inspections.....wells were "good" and then after the closings the wells would run dry. One of the homeowners...a state trooper eventually would....out of own pocket...have to drill many different wells in his own property before he would find one that actually held water....

It's been 12 years...hopefully all the problems have been resolved...but....I would get a full home inspection before I close on one of these houses.

I would also ask the seller if they still have the original "for life" certificate from Boston Basements.
Rob Gage, Home Buyer, 02817
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Did this question ever get answered? I am considering buying a house on Linden Lane, and had the same questions.
Mary Lyons, , Coventry, RI
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Hi Marnie,

Are you referring to one house in particular or do you want info on the development? Email me at mary.lyons@century21.com, in the meantime I will do some research and get back to you.

Thanks for the question
Mary Lyons